FUE as a touch-up tool.

Are there any downsides, to a person with stabilized hairloss, to do a touch up on a hairline? Could it be all done in one session (around 500 grafts), or is there a need to do a couple sessions to obtain better density?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Are there any downsides, to a person with stabilized hairloss, to do a touch up on a hairline? Could it be all done in one session (around 500 grafts), or is there a need to do a couple sessions to obtain better density?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Well, if your hair ever becomes "un-stablized" you could look pretty bizarre with a tuft of permanent hair in the front, and balding hair behind it. Can you guarantee no more hair loss? Probably not.

Part of this would depend on how low you want to place grafts. Is it a hairline that will still look natural at age 50? These questions do not change based on the graft-harvesting method. You still need to be careful and think about long-term implications whether it is FUE or not.

My opinion is rather than take too much advice from anonymous posters on a website, why not talk to a doctor who is doing the procedures? Dr Rob Jones in Toronto has done between 40 and 50 of these 500 a session FUE procedures over the last 2 to 3 months and is scheduling them out now into next year. I would call and talk to him about your exact situation,age,classification,etc. and send him a photo over the internet. I beleive he will be honest with you. I also beleive that in the near future this will be a very common question for men who have some thinning and are looking for thickening work. I suspect the technology has now evolved to make this possible but each case must be regarded on its own by a dialogue between the patient and the doctor. There are many on these sites who are very skeptical of this approach, but their stage of baldness may be more advanced or they may be victims of bad minigrafting 'touchups' from 10 years ago. There emotional reaction to such a prospect is entirely understandable but shouldn't discount the progress made recently in hairtransplantation. I myself am biased as I have had a procedure recently with Dr Jones of 500 FUE. best to you, next step is to discuss this with a doctor doing the procedure, WWH