Scalpels for donor removal:1 blade,double blade,and the medievil looking tri-blade....

vincehair

Watched a couple of videos on donor area removal and was wondering about opinions or what the facts were about this. I know most ht docs use the single now,but a few use the double right? What was the f'ing deal with the 3-blade??? I can watch the sickest thing and not give a damn,but the pictures i have seen of 3-blade removal were nightmare inducing icon_eek.gif

Watched a couple of videos on donor area removal and was wondering about opinions or what the facts were about this. I know most ht docs use the single now,but a few use the double right? What was the f'ing deal with the 3-blade??? I can watch the sickest thing and not give a damn,but the pictures i have seen of 3-blade removal were nightmare inducing icon_eek.gif

Multiple blades in the initial cut are nothing more than trading lost hairs in exchange for speeding up the procedure a little. More blades equals more transection (read: loss) of transplantable hairs during the cut. The grafts should be divided up by hand once the strip sections have been removed.

--------------------------------------------------

Yep,cuz i have seen video as well as pictures and talked patients who's first class doc used a sigle blade and took his sweet careful time removing the strip. "speeding up" the worst/most dangerous part of ht surgery sounds pretty shitty

A single blade is indeed the best way to go. With a single blade, the incision can vary in width as the blade is maneuvered through the spaces in between the hairs. This cannot be done with a two or three blade technique. This is one question that should be asked of all doctors when patients interview them. You might be surprised just who still uses multi-blade donor removal techniques.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians