Same Picture

tam

I am still doing research and was curious if anyone else noticed that Charles Medical Group and Shapiro Medical Group have the same before and After picture of the same guy? Its the guy who is featured on the opening page of this website. Anyone know what the deal is with that?

Hi Tam, I'm not completely sure about this but I believe Dr Charles worked at SMG. If the person in the photo had his work done by Dr. Charles while he was at SMG, I could see why the pic would show up on both sites. Someone will step forward and correct me if I'm wrong but it's always good to be skeptical while doing research like this. Did you question either SMG or CMG why the same photo appears in their respective websites?

Hey Tam, Dr. Charles was trained by Dr. Shapiro and was a part of SMG as was Dr. Keene and Dr. Rose.

Any work either of these Docs performed during their affiliation would have been posted, along with Dr. Shapiro's work, on the SMG website, I would imagine.

I do not know for sure, but if the photo appears on SMG's website and CMG's website, it is probably a safe bet that Dr. Charles performed the transplant.

I don't think there is any attempt to mislead or misrepresent anyone viewing either website.

I know Janna has posted that SMG is working on their new website, so I imagine they will address this issue as well.

Hopefully Janna or Dr. Shapiro will see this and clear up any questions for us.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry it's taken so long to respond. The patient Tam is referring to originally had a transplant at Shapiro Medical by Dr. Charles in 2001. Then the patient came back for a second procedure in 2005 with Dr. Ron Shapiro. He's getting a lot of exposure, isn't he?

Thanks for the inquiry.