can i apply minoxidil 5% on normal hair

feilhk

hi everyone, i am 23 years old asian, my hair is fine, but my hairline is little bit high since i was young. My hairline reced very very little over the 4 years, and when i foudn minoxidil this product, i am curious and want to try it. Now i've been using it for about 2 weeks, for the first week my hair just shed normally like b4, but starting from the second week, it shed like crazy, like 30-40 % more than b4, i apply minoxidil on the frontal,the top and side , which means all around the scalp.

So is it normal ot shed liek this??? sorry for my bad english

feihk,

Welcome to our forum community.

To clarify, are you experiencing hair loss? From the sounds of it, your hair is naturally thinner which is typical in Asians and your slight hairline recession may be an indication of the development of a mature hairline rather than male pattern baldness.

No hair loss treatment medication will grow hair where there was none before. So if you are hoping to thicken your hair when it may be naturally thinner, Rogaine isn't going to do the trick.

However, additional hair shedding is a common occurrence during the first few weeks to months for those who use Rogaine. This is typically a sign of the medication working. As weaker miniaturized hair sheds, stronger new hair is growing from the hair follicle underneath the scalp.

Perhaps it's possible you were in the early phases of hair loss after all, and Rogaine will help strengthen miniaturized hair with continual use.

Best wishes,

Bill

oh ic, but those hair fallen were not miniaturized hair, but normal hair ,so is it normal for the those healthy hair fall and regrow stronger than b4 with the use of minoxidil 5%? I hope the minox are not killing my healthy hair, because teh shedding scares me , even if i shake my head and it will loss a couple of hair ..