I did it

Hi,

My first time posting.I had a bad HT way back in the early 90's,and have been living with the "plug" look for 12 years or so.I finally got tired of folding my hands on the top of my head when someone came into my office,or standing up out of my chair so they would'nt stare at the top of my head.I am 5 days post op

with my new HT. I had many of the plugs removed and re-used,and 1500 micro grafts.I am healing nicely,and am very excited.I am from Boston area.and researched a few Mass. surgeons.I was unimpressed,and setteled on Dr.True in NYC.I thought he was great,but time will tell.Has anyone heard of him or had a HT performed by him?

Thanks...

Hi,

My first time posting.I had a bad HT way back in the early 90's,and have been living with the "plug" look for 12 years or so.I finally got tired of folding my hands on the top of my head when someone came into my office,or standing up out of my chair so they would'nt stare at the top of my head.I am 5 days post op

with my new HT. I had many of the plugs removed and re-used,and 1500 micro grafts.I am healing nicely,and am very excited.I am from Boston area.and researched a few Mass. surgeons.I was unimpressed,and setteled on Dr.True in NYC.I thought he was great,but time will tell.Has anyone heard of him or had a HT performed by him?

Thanks...

HK,

Oh, sure we've heard of Dr True, he's a very good HT doc. You'll be mucho happy about a year down the road. Congrats on finally making the decision to better your life. Good growing!

• Administrators

A big congratulations to you! I think your life is going to take a great turn for the better.

I'm particularly happy for you given the suffering you endured due to your old work. Dr. True is truly one of the very best in the world and I expect you will be very happy with your new look.

Welcome to the "Real Hair Club". I hope you stick around and share your experience and insights with others (and some day photos of your new hair).

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by eric123:

HeavyKevie,

Why were you unimpressed with Dr. Distefano?

Eric,I had my first consult with Dr.Distefano.My meeting was extremly rushed.He made me feel like I was taking up valuable time of his.He also did not have a specific plan for me.I was also unimpressed by his Worcester facility.As soon as I walked in for my consult,the receptionist rushed by me go go out to smoke a cigarette.A nurse was yelling,"I need these sutures removed!"The consultant was a nice guy,but he kept on harping about how they could do it cheaper than everone else.I knew right then he was out.Dr Leonard was much better,concise plan,did'nt rush me,informed me of pre-op and post-op instructions,and generally seemed concerned for me.But I thought Dr.True blew them away.I thank God I e-mailed him.He replied back to me in 10 minutes,and we set up a meeting the next day in Boston.I'm not sure how this is going to turn out,but the procedure was painless,the hairline he constructed is awesome,and everything is healing great 6 days post op.

kevie,

Thank YOU for that response....that is exactly why I asked, I wanted someone else to say it and not just me because others feel that place is such a great experience. EXACTLY what you stated is the same EXACT experience I had, unfortunately I was dumb enough to stick with it. You made the right choice. Feeling like you wasted his time is exactly how I felt...I was asked to fork over the check first thing than I was handed the Informed Consent already on the page to sign away without being asked to read through it. After when I asked to look at it I received questions "Why do you want to see it". That is patient information and a copy should be given to the patient. I shouldn't ask for it. Anyway good luck. If my scar turns out as bad as it already seems I will fight to make sure than anyone on here that is considering going there change their mind. One thing I just realized, I don't recall seeing them use microscopes..they just put on goggles and disect. Man I wish I found this site before my HT.

Originally posted by eric123:

kevie,

Thank YOU for that response....that is exactly why I asked, I wanted someone else to say it and not just me because others feel that place is such a great experience. EXACTLY what you stated is the same EXACT experience I had, unfortunately I was dumb enough to stick with it. You made the right choice. Feeling like you wasted his time is exactly how I felt...I was asked to fork over the check first thing than I was handed the Informed Consent already on the page to sign away without being asked to read through it. After when I asked to look at it I received questions "Why do you want to see it". That is patient information and a copy should be given to the patient. I shouldn't ask for it. Anyway good luck. If my scar turns out as bad as it already seems I will fight to make sure than anyone on here that is considering going there change their mind. One thing I just realized, I don't recall seeing them use microscopes..they just put on goggles and disect. Man I wish I found this site before my HT.

Eric,

Don't forget,I went to Dr.True following a bad HT,very bad.The top of my head looked like a shaved Barbie doll.I did the same thing you must have done;you want the fix so bad, you want to beleive them ,so you do.I went with the first Dr. I saw back in 90.He's retired thank God,but he creamed me.Give yours some time.Down the road if you think it warrents fixing,Dr.True does consults in Boston.Best of luck,I hope this is just a rough healing process for you and everything turns out OK.Keep the faith......

Congrats Heavy Kevie on getting the fix you deserve from what I hear is a truly great Doctor. I'm sure you will get a result you will be pleased with. Your past result is exactly why I was too scared years ago to get any work done. The really great Doctors today are very skilled at what they do as opposed to the techniques they were using just a few years ago.

I think the conversations you and eric have had here are very good to hear for those people here who have not had any work done yet. The bottom line is alway's really check out the Doctor your considering hiring and you damn well better feel really good about the Doc and not rushed before you give the money. If the Doctor is rushing you in the consult what do you think he's going to do in surgery?

Good luck to you man!!!!!

Nashville Kat