Post HT Shampoo

it is now just over a month since i have had my HT and i still have a lot of dry skin in the recipient area. Could someone please advise me on what would be an appropriate shampoo to rid the dry skin and reduce itching? Would a combination of Nizoral and Nioxin or any other shampoo combination be of help? I am currently using baby shampoo but have read that Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo is good ?

it is now just over a month since i have had my HT and i still have a lot of dry skin in the recipient area. Could someone please advise me on what would be an appropriate shampoo to rid the dry skin and reduce itching? Would a combination of Nizoral and Nioxin or any other shampoo combination be of help? I am currently using baby shampoo but have read that Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo is good ?

Nizoral will dry your skin as well and is only needed three times a week. I use Nioxin shampoo(system 1)combined with the scalp treatment conditioner. Feels great!

Nizoral and Nioxin are supposed to have DHT surface removal properties. I could not tell you if it works or not but I am not going to take the chance.

NoBuzz

Johnno,

Nioxin shampoo and conditioner personally always help me with the itch factor, at least temporarily. I wouldn't necessarily recommend Nizoral as a way to reduce dry skin...in fact, it tends to dry out the hair and scalp even more. Personally, I'd try the Nioxin, but I'd also use Aloe Vera on your head to reduce itch and dryness. Use it after your shower and keep it on. You might consider putting it on 2 times a day...it gives a nice soothing affect and is good for the skin.

Bill