Side effect question

yourcoach

I just started taking 1/4 of a 5mg Proscar every other day. I've heard about the possible sexual side effects. After what period of time should the side effects kick in if they are going to. What I mean is, if I don't sense any side effects by week three for example, can I be fairly certain that I am in the clear as far as side effects.

One other question. Other than the sexual side effect, are there any other side effects that I should be aware of? If so, I have the same question for any other side effects as I did for the sexual side effect.

4,686 grafts = 9,905 hairs with Dr. Cooley 9/24/08

My Hair Loss WebLog

I just started taking 1/4 of a 5mg Proscar every other day. I've heard about the possible sexual side effects. After what period of time should the side effects kick in if they are going to. What I mean is, if I don't sense any side effects by week three for example, can I be fairly certain that I am in the clear as far as side effects.

One other question. Other than the sexual side effect, are there any other side effects that I should be aware of? If so, I have the same question for any other side effects as I did for the sexual side effect.

4,686 grafts = 9,905 hairs with Dr. Cooley 9/24/08

My Hair Loss WebLog

Yourcoach, I was taking Propecia 1mg for 2 weeks no problem then got bad aching in the nuts so I stopped for 3 days and ache went so I reduced dose to .5 eod,then .5 ed, then 1mg ed again after 10 days of reduced doses.Although I can bear to take it now better than before I still get some sporadic mild aching so I may drop to .5mg in future as I had no problems at all with that dose and studies show it is nearly as effective as 1mg.I have read about a few but not many guys getting some sides after 1/2 years but its different with everyone so just walk the walk and see how you go.If you get any sides just reduce the dose and get your body used to it as this helped me.As for sex drive it actually increased mine a little and my training in the gym got better I noticed but I have levelled off now back to normal.I read that Your body wonders why there is less DHT so makes more Testosterone to counteract this,maybe thats why the nuts can ache sometimes.

HT 2006/7

DHT is a metabolite of testosterone, so it's not a question of your body making more testosterone, it's that more test is staying test because less is being converted to DHT.

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My advice would be to try testosterone replacement therapy. If you can afford it, complete hormone replacement therapy (including HGH). My feeling is that the added testosterone may help his libido while the proscar/avodart keeps the DHT from affecting his prostate...

I am spam