Miracle drug for thinning

rsanders36

I read through these posting rather consistantly. It seems there are many, many products that can help. I have had one HT in May 2004 and looking back now I was premature with my decision. It caused shock loss which never recovered. My hair pre-transplant was dense, but has difussed since. I wanted the temple area addressed but MHR thought I should also have grpahs placed on top (which subsequently caused the shock loss!). Anyway, I dont think it's bad and would like something other than propecia to take. Some people on here seem like they take a million things and it seems some work. I really dont want to take or place anything that is noticeable like dut. I think maybe dut is like a cream or something that people place in their hair to cover the scalp. I saw one guys story of how someone hit him over the head with a pillow and the stuff left a streak across the pillow which embarrassed him. My hair loss isnt horrible at all, but very noticeable to me. What products can someone recommend? Is there a special shampoo or anything that can cause slight regrowth? A pill? Something not noticeable? Also, where do I get these? Are they prescription only? I can tell that most here are much more knowledgable than I am and I do greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer.

I read through these posting rather consistantly. It seems there are many, many products that can help. I have had one HT in May 2004 and looking back now I was premature with my decision. It caused shock loss which never recovered. My hair pre-transplant was dense, but has difussed since. I wanted the temple area addressed but MHR thought I should also have grpahs placed on top (which subsequently caused the shock loss!). Anyway, I dont think it's bad and would like something other than propecia to take. Some people on here seem like they take a million things and it seems some work. I really dont want to take or place anything that is noticeable like dut. I think maybe dut is like a cream or something that people place in their hair to cover the scalp. I saw one guys story of how someone hit him over the head with a pillow and the stuff left a streak across the pillow which embarrassed him. My hair loss isnt horrible at all, but very noticeable to me. What products can someone recommend? Is there a special shampoo or anything that can cause slight regrowth? A pill? Something not noticeable? Also, where do I get these? Are they prescription only? I can tell that most here are much more knowledgable than I am and I do greatly appreciate any help you guys can offer.

What you are mistaking dutasteride (brand name: Avodart) for is a concealer. There are quite a few concealers on the market right now and some work better than others. Avodart (dutaseride) is not a concealer.

Like Propecia (finasteride), Avodart (dutasteride) is a DHT inhibition medication that comes in pill form. Unlike Propecia, however, it inhibits both type I and type II of the 5alpha-reductase. For a full article on Avodart, its' pros and cons, and how it compares to Propecia, click here.

I have been taking Avodart for almost a year (11 months) and I am recieving good results. There was a period early on where I experienced some heavy shedding. I vowed to stick it out and I have come out the other side successful.

However, your mileage may vary. There is no doubt that it is powerful medication (see the article for just how powerful) and that it can have some severe side effects for an extended period of time due to its long half-life.

Do your research carefully. If you have any more questions, let me know and I will help all that I can.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

No, I switched from Proscar to Avodart in November of '04. I didn't do it in any fancy transition form like tapering off of one and into the other, I just took my last 1/4 Proscar one day and 3 Avodart the next (I did "front load" with Avodart by taking 3 per day for ten days).

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog