rogaine without proscar

Gday ive been on minoxidil(rogaine) and proscar now for about 2 and a half years and have decided about a month ago to stop proscar due to sexual side effects becoming a problem. Since stopping proscar my libido id say is 25% back and climbing but my question is this.... Will the rogaine(minoxidil) alone help save my hair. (i am 22 with still fairly good coverage apart from the temples which have gone back a bit. Im a norwood 3.

Gday ive been on minoxidil(rogaine) and proscar now for about 2 and a half years and have decided about a month ago to stop proscar due to sexual side effects becoming a problem. Since stopping proscar my libido id say is 25% back and climbing but my question is this.... Will the rogaine(minoxidil) alone help save my hair. (i am 22 with still fairly good coverage apart from the temples which have gone back a bit. Im a norwood 3.

rogaine alone will not stop the baldness process; ie, it does not lower DHT levels; so any hair that was maintained or grown due to proscar will probably begin to regress; I would advise you to get back on proscar; if you lose ground now, you most likely won't be able to get back to where you were before you stopped it;

Try a lower dose of Proscar by taking it every other day or even less. Read this thread about the effects of lower Finasteride doses and their effectiveness. Good old Pharm. companies insisting a larger dose is necessary when you get the same results with far less. I'm on 1mg/day Propecia going on 2 months now and if I get the sides, I will immediately cut back my doses before giving up on it since it's really all we got to fight MPB minus surgery.