HT by Dr. Manoj Khanna

roy_sam

HT with Dr Manoj Khanna

I want to share my experience of a Hair Transplant Experience with all you guys.

First of all i would like to begin with the fact the If anybody is considering about getting a hair transplant done, Dr Manoj is arguably the best choice available in the country (India), He has done the Maximum number of HT in india than any other surgeon, Is Highly Qualified and Experienced Surgeon. The quality that i liked the most was his jolly nature and confidence and the way in which he passes that confidence over onto his patients and calms him.

His team is very gentle and tries there level best to make the surgery as comfortable as possible for the patient, The way these guys puts the anesthesia injections is totally mind blowing and painless. The procedure was very comfortable and almost completely Painless (2 on the scale of 1 to 10).

Dr Manoj Khanna according to me is a very very concerned about the results of his patients and takes a keen interest in the entire process and doing the most important processes like taking out the strip and creating the holes on the skull himself.

I have undergone the surgery today only (30th july 2011) (4500 Grafts) and am really satisfied with everything, i will be able to tell you more once i see the result of my own hair growth.

In the end i would like to wind up just by saying that if you are looking for good HT surgeon please consider Dr Manoj Khanna.

thanks for the review and because of ur encouragement i went ahead with the surgery with Dr Manoj Khanna and everything went really gr8 and got 3200 grafts.

i wish him all the best and he definitely is a great surgeon.

Hi guys,

I would like to share my hair transplant story, a very unfortunate one. I think this will be helpful for some one who may be considering Hair transplant by Dr.Manoj Khanna - kolkatta.

It all started like this. When i decided to go for HT, i came across Dr. Manoj Khanna. After seeing the gallery pics in his websites, i decided to meet him. So i fixed an appointment with him. During my day of visit, there were few more people waiting with me in the reception. He came and gave a quick lecture about HT. And told that Harsha Bhogle was one of his successful patients. ( Pics of Harsha bhogle , Ravi shasthri were hanging on the walls of his reception).

I met him inside his room and asked few questions. He answered in a quick and bored tone. He was not interested in asking about my expectations and all. He was interested in asking my surgery dates. Being little bit excited by Harsha Bhogle before and after pics, also i persumed that he is a very busy doctor, i decide to have a HT by Dr.Manoj Khanna. Given him dates after depositing an initial amount.

He didnt gave me any pre surgery suggestions except that he asked me to have a shampoo wash for two days from the surgery and to have a blood test done. On the day of my surgery, they got my signature in a paper. After conducting allergy test nd all, they put me anesthesia injections.

When i asked about Dr. Manoj Khanna, they said he will be coming soon. But to my shock, the entire surgery was carried out by Nurses only. He did came inbetween once (after the strip was removed from my back) , he took a pic of mine, marked a line in my head. He spent only a min i would say.

The surgery was over finally. Then here comes the worst part. Initially i was told that i would require 2000 grafts. So i was prepared for that. But once the surgery was over, he told me that they had done 2400 grafts. I was shocked terribly. No body asked me anything. How could anyone do that without my permission?

He was very casual. I was forced to pay around 1.85 L ( Extra 31k ).

Then they gave me some tablets, mildy shampoo and prescribed coverit 5%. Paid Rs.700 for that.

8 months since the surgery, the results are too far low than the minimum expectation of mine. The Before and after pics of mine is almost the same . To my nightmare, i visited a Doctor some 3 months back. He told me that, it doesnt seems that they have transplanted 2400 grafts. He confirmed me that very minimal grafts are transplanted. What the f***? I had lost my one year hard worked saving in a single day....

I had a great belief in that guy once. But now i feel cheated. Extremely disappointed.

i dont believe you and you obviously are not real but just someone who likes to speak bad about people

i think u r fake

even i would like to believe that as i have also scheduled a surgery after meeting him personally for later this months.

till that time i have my fingers crossed and am putting my full faith in the doctor

please post some of your photos as well and do write about the progress and developments

wishing you all the best

• 2 months later...

dear vaibhavgupta7j,

I am glad o hear about your good experience. I am also planning to undergo HT surgery with dr. manoj khanna. Could you please upload some pictures of your scalp now. Also could you share your progress and development. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi,

I really can't sit by and not say something. Why don't you check out Doctor Madhu who operates from Hyderabad. At least the moderators on the site have done some due diligence regarding his standards and backup that he offers to his patients.

I presume this other doctor is cheaper than he is?

Good luck and I hope it works out okay for you.

Regards

Rod

For the record, it is only on this forum that Dr. Madhu is well known for HT in India. Otherwise, very few plastic surgeons/HT docs/ Dermatologists have even heard of Dr. Madhu in India, whereas docs like Dr. Manoj Khanna/ Dr. Sanjiv Vasa are the most famous in India.

Further Dr. Manoj Khanna is way more expensive than Dr. Madhu - he charges Rs. 70/= per graft (probably the most expensive for FUT in India) versus Dr.Madhu who charges Rs. 50/= per graft (in fact he's upped it to this figure since being recommended on this site). Don't know why the other docs in India are not interested in being recommended here - too much business, I guess

Hi,

The site admin spent a number of years researching HT doctors from India. Many were not able to demonstrate the high standards of performing fut proceduresthat the site requires for membership. Go to whoever you please and I wish you luck with your HT.

Regards rod

I’ve spent plenty of hours looking into different doctors myself, both in India, Thailand, America and Europe. When you do such a job, it’s important to remember why you do it. You do it to find a doctor you trust, and a balance between price and results that suits you.

I’m new at this forum and other similar sites and what both members and admins do, is to do a massive amount of research that you won’t be able to do yourself. For example, you can’t go visit all the doctors you consider using.

Whether you feel more secure with a doctor you have the impression that’s high rated in India by the locals, base it on word of mouth or prefer someone recommended on this forum is a matter of preferences. But what’s for sure, it that you can’t do all the research yourself.

I came to this website looking for good and reliable information as most of the HT surgeons have amazing websites with shady before-after pics but m pretty dissapointed. it clearly looks more like a marketing campaign for one doctor khanna, who's patient picture look as doubtful as any others. this dr khanna is definitely not upto the marks, else who wouldnt need to run such shady campaign.

To the "hardcore" dr khanna fans, who have witnessed his "magical surgeries" and are super active on the forum to refute any claims against him, plz dont bother to reply to my msg.. people are smart enuf.

Dear Mods, sincere request: Please be more active on this and ensure that real patients like me who are actually going thru the pain are not misguided.

And my search for a good india-based FUT surgeon shall carry on :)

• 1 month later...
For the record, it is only on this forum that Dr. Madhu is well known for HT in India. Otherwise, very few plastic surgeons/HT docs/ Dermatologists have even heard of Dr. Madhu in India, whereas docs like Dr. Manoj Khanna/ Dr. Sanjiv Vasa are the most famous in India.

Further Dr. Manoj Khanna is way more expensive than Dr. Madhu - he charges Rs. 70/= per graft (probably the most expensive for FUT in India) versus Dr.Madhu who charges Rs. 50/= per graft (in fact he's upped it to this figure since being recommended on this site). Don't know why the other docs in India are not interested in being recommended here - too much business, I guess

BPerfect (Dr Batras hair transplant) is offering cost that is per session rather than per hair graft. They are charging Rs 85000 and the doctor said he could graft 2000 to 2200 hair in that session (depending on the donor area hair density). Are surgeons still charging per Graft? Request your opinions/advice.

• 3 weeks later...

HT by Dr. khanna is a complete disaster without any much change in the look.

i. The much applauded Doctors are nothing but jerks that are mincing hefty money making fool of people. Please consult the celebrities whom they claim to have done hair transplant for. That’s nothing but the sales gimmick. The fact is the celebrities are given invitations to enjoy services without any money (still many don’t turn up).

ii. Trust me for this if you have underwent a hair transplant from AHS, you will agree with me and must be feeling looted. One of my close friends working with the organization told me at NO POINT they transplant more than 1500 follicles!!! Now, even if you have paid around 5-7 lakhs you have made a fool of yourself. The same reason they don’t allow any relative to count the follicles.

iii.If you have gone out of budget to pay for their doctors’ trust me the doctor does his job only till the anesthesia does its work. After that he gets busy in his “extra” activities. Rest of the work is done by semi trained doctors team. I was surprised when my friend’s stitches were removed by their office boy!!

iv. It would be a blunder getting hair transplant done by AHS as the same doctors charge rock bottom prices when you get it done by their clinics. Harsha Bhogle Hair Transplant India Kolkata Delhi Mumbai Bangalore Dhaka Dubai(UAE) Kathmandu and Dr Amit Gupta- Plastic and cosmetic surgery consultant|cosmetic surgeon|Delhi|gurgaon|Noida|Cosmetic clinic India you can test by yourself.

HT by Dr. khanna is a complete disaster without any much change in the look.

i. The much applauded Doctors are nothing but jerks that are mincing hefty money making fool of people. Please consult the celebrities whom they claim to have done hair transplant for. That’s nothing but the sales gimmick. The fact is the celebrities are given invitations to enjoy services without any money (still many don’t turn up).

ii. Trust me for this if you have underwent a hair transplant from AHS, you will agree with me and must be feeling looted. One of my close friends working with the organization told me at NO POINT they transplant more than 1500 follicles!!! Now, even if you have paid around 5-7 lakhs you have made a fool of yourself. The same reason they don’t allow any relative to count the follicles.

iii.If you have gone out of budget to pay for their doctors’ trust me the doctor does his job only till the anesthesia does its work. After that he gets busy in his “extra” activities. Rest of the work is done by semi trained doctors team. I was surprised when my friend’s stitches were removed by their office boy!!

iv. It would be a blunder getting hair transplant done by AHS as the same doctors charge rock bottom prices when you get it done by their clinics. Harsha Bhogle Hair Transplant India Kolkata Delhi Mumbai Bangalore Dhaka Dubai(UAE) Kathmandu and Dr Amit Gupta- Plastic and cosmetic surgery consultant|cosmetic surgeon|Delhi|gurgaon|Noida|Cosmetic clinic India you can test by yourself.

• 4 months later...

This thread is so confusing. Some say Dr Khanna is good and some say he is bad.

I think HT for someone is a BIG decision, especially from the perspective of the kind of surgery and amount of MONEY.

So folks, if any of you is faking, PLEASE DONT as it is a matter of UTMOST important to people of who seriously are considering HT.

Also, guys lets remember that we are spending time on this forum because we trust this forum and if we folks are faking and givng false statements, the whole purpose will be failed.

Anyways, I am still not sure which is the best doctor for HT.

• Well Done 1

Guys.

I need to undergo a Hair transplant Session.I have to undergo HT at the Crown area.

I have narrowed down to two choices.

Dr Manoj Khanna Kolkata & Dr Sridhar Reddy Pothula Bangalore

Please advise whom to go for !!!!

Need your Sincere Help.

Guys.

I need to undergo a Hair transplant Session.I have to undergo HT at the Crown area.

I have narrowed down to two choices.

Dr Manoj Khanna Kolkata & Dr Sridhar Reddy Pothula Bangalore

Please advise whom to go for !!!!

Need your Sincere Help.

Hi Paul,

I wouldn't go to either of em. They are not recommended @HTN. Have a look at the recommended list. Dr Madhu(Hyd) & Dr Radha(VZG)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had been having a receding hairline for the past twenty years. I tried all treatments, but the trichologist suggested that hair fall is hereditary and nothing substantial could be done about it. I met Dr Manoj Khanna last month, who gave me the confidence to go ahead with the HT. I underwent the process last week and am till now very happy with the results. Dr Khanna and his team are very skillful and as I went thru the process, appreciated the thought and care behind the whole process. The team was very humane and was concerned for the pains or discomforts of the patients. Two members whom I would especially like to mention are Bapi and Manasi. Their skill levels in administering injections are amazing.

Dr Khanna is a thorough professional and is transparent on the whole process. He is like an artist who decides the places the grafting should be done and I am keenly waiting for the results of his work of art.

I was concerned reading so many blogs on him. But I can assure all prospective patients that you are in very good and safe hands.

Another thing which impressed me was the good behaviour of all the staff members especially Arpita who has the difficult task of coordinating all the processes , Dr Khanna's timing and rush of patients.

• 3 years later...

hi, i am inclined to do hair transplant from manoj khanna...pls tell me whether u are suffering from any permanent side effect(like benumbed feeling in donor/recipient area or headache) after hair transplant. also pls tell me how many follicles did u implant in one session and how is the result now...pls reply as soon as possible...

hi, i am inclined to do hair transplant from manoj khanna...pls tell me whether u are suffering from any permanent side effect(like benumbed feeling in donor/recipient area or headache) after hair transplant. also pls tell me how many follicles did u implant in one session and how is the result now...pls reply as soon as possible...

I had been having a receding hairline for the past twenty years. I tried all treatments, but the trichologist suggested that hair fall is hereditary and nothing substantial could be done about it. I met Dr Manoj Khanna last month, who gave me the confidence to go ahead with the HT. I underwent the process last week and am till now very happy with the results. Dr Khanna and his team are very skillful and as I went thru the process, appreciated the thought and care behind the whole process. The team was very humane and was concerned for the pains or discomforts of the patients. Two members whom I would especially like to mention are Bapi and Manasi. Their skill levels in administering injections are amazing.

Dr Khanna is a thorough professional and is transparent on the whole process. He is like an artist who decides the places the grafting should be done and I am keenly waiting for the results of his work of art.

I was concerned reading so many blogs on him. But I can assure all prospective patients that you are in very good and safe hands.

Another thing which impressed me was the good behaviour of all the staff members especially Arpita who has the difficult task of coordinating all the processes , Dr Khanna's timing and rush of patients.

thanks for the review and because of ur encouragement i went ahead with the surgery with Dr Manoj Khanna and everything went really gr8 and got 3200 grafts.

i wish him all the best and he definitely is a great surgeon.