1690 grafts performed by Dr. Charles, Shapiro Medical.

AJ

I'm not sure what average density is, but I think 80-100 FUs/cm^2 is good density for a non-balding area of hair.

I will take 4-month post op picts this weekend. I never got around to posting the 3-month picts. But I'll post the 4 and 3 month picts as a progression with the other picts I took.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

PRGuy:

No, I'm not confused.

Here is the scoop:

25 FU/cm^2 = visible established presence of hair

40-50 FU/cm^2 = appearance of fullness

60-100 FU/cm^2 = natural full head of hair

If you can refute this, let me see your sources. I'm not above being wrong, but this is info I read from Shapiro Medical's brochure.

100 FU/cm^2 is very dense hair. I know I came in just under 80 FU/cm^2 in my donor area when I had my HT. My sides and back are pretty darn thick -- it's the top that was thin and crappy.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

• 3 weeks later...

So 5 weeks down the road 90% off the new hair has shed, however I am experiencing little/no shock loss to the original hair in the transplanted areas. I am using 5% Rogaine once a day combined with Propecia so I do not know if this is some of the reason for the low shock loss. The scar has healed very nice - hardly noticeable anymore. My head also feels almost like before, so I think most of the nerves have reconnected successfully. Overall there has been little pain/discomfort and I am looking forward to seeing some hair reappearing within a few weeks. icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by AJ on May 09, 2003 at 02:42 PM.]

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...