HT 1200 grafts

jimmy_in

Jimmy,

Can I ask where you had your work done and what your goals were going into the procedure? The grafts do look a little large and 1200 over such a large area will not produce very noticeable results. As an example, I had 1662 grafts in my hairline alone and I need more to add thickness.

I do wish you healthy growing!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Was this your first HT? And who was your doctor?

I find it hard to beleive that 1200 grafts was maxing yourself out. Also, having another procedure after but 6months seems a bit early....at least to me....

I would post more pictures if you can -- before shots and immediately after, if you have them.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by jimmy_in:

Yeah this was my first HT. The graft count was disappointing. What is the average graft count?

I will try to post more pictures.

I would say with your loss, at least a session with 2000 grafts would be 'normal'; and you'd need a couple of those in my opinion.

But, if you can go back in a year or so and get a another couple of thousand you will be in better shape - if this one turns out to your liking.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I would have suggested to start with 2500 or more by FUE method. Depending on your wishes you may even need a follow up session for another 2000 or more.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

Jimmy,

Thankis for posting.

As you can see, our forum members have raised some challenging but excellent points.

Currently, I have yet to find an ethical physician in India who is truly performing state of the art hair transplantation.

1200 grafts over such a large area will not produce a significantly noticeable improvement.

But before considering your options for a second surgery, wait it out for at least 9-12 months to see how the results turn out.

I hope you'll keep us posted on your progress.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Jimmy

I agree that 1200 will not give a great effect but once grown out it may well provide a good base for your second pass.

What was the reason you had the work done in India,do you live there or was it down to cost.

Hope you get good growth.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result