Dr. Ricardo Mejia

Wiz Kid

After 24 years in the hair-loss industry (non-surgical) and hair styling I have seen alot of BAD HT's out there and I even have covered up thousands of dollars of HT's with non-surgical HP's. I took my own desicion very seriously and considered all of my opions with finding the right Dr. for me. I considered going to the Burger King's of HT's but not personal enough for me. But hey people this if very personal and with you for life so take is seriuosly. A sales guy at the BIG BOX companies will push you through and not care about you as a person or the results. These companies have to pay for all of those commercials you see everywhere and guess who pays (you)! That's what keeps the giant wheel rolling with those places. Think about it you are picking a person and their skill to cut open the back of your scalp and punch thousands of holes or slices and move lots of hair to the front and attemp to make it look awesome as it can be! They need to be an artist people! My clients look at me all day with my work so Dr. Mejia did his job and took control and I wanted him to do what he thought would represent his work best on me. That's what should happen even when going to just get a haircut at the stylist. His chairside manner was it for me and I knew he would be the ONE who would be doing and or supervising my whole day in the chair (10) hours for a fact. I was given a very though handout explaining the pre-and post-op procedures and I followed them to a tee.

I was most worried about the bumby scarring that could occur and that I've seen on some of my own clients in the front and wide scar in the back and how my own body would heal. When I finally made the decision to go for it I had to feel comfortlbe and confident with my Doctor. Dr. Mejia did the whole consultation thoughly and concise. I told Dr. Mejia do it the best you can and if you see me out at dinner somewhere I want you to be able to be proud of what you did for me and say that's one of my pieces of art! That's how I feel about my own clients.

At this point in the process and considering the time, pain, and money I would totally do this all over again without a problem picking Dr. Mejia! Dr. Mejia also takes care of all of my own 5 employee's regualar skin treatments and we all love him and his staff!

Let me know if you would like more information.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifJH- Hair stylist Juno Beach Florida

Ht 9-21-07

Total number of grafts 2525

1's 432

2's 1102

3's 777

4's 60

5's/DFU's 154

Total hair count 5977

Average number of hairs per FU=2.4 hairs

Keep and eye out for my pics of before during and after to come.

After 24 years in the hair-loss industry (non-surgical) and hair styling I have seen alot of BAD HT's out there and I even have covered up thousands of dollars of HT's with non-surgical HP's. I took my own desicion very seriously and considered all of my opions with finding the right Dr. for me. I considered going to the Burger King's of HT's but not personal enough for me. But hey people this if very personal and with you for life so take is seriuosly. A sales guy at the BIG BOX companies will push you through and not care about you as a person or the results. These companies have to pay for all of those commercials you see everywhere and guess who pays (you)! That's what keeps the giant wheel rolling with those places. Think about it you are picking a person and their skill to cut open the back of your scalp and punch thousands of holes or slices and move lots of hair to the front and attemp to make it look awesome as it can be! They need to be an artist people! My clients look at me all day with my work so Dr. Mejia did his job and took control and I wanted him to do what he thought would represent his work best on me. That's what should happen even when going to just get a haircut at the stylist. His chairside manner was it for me and I knew he would be the ONE who would be doing and or supervising my whole day in the chair (10) hours for a fact. I was given a very though handout explaining the pre-and post-op procedures and I followed them to a tee.

I was most worried about the bumby scarring that could occur and that I've seen on some of my own clients in the front and wide scar in the back and how my own body would heal. When I finally made the decision to go for it I had to feel comfortlbe and confident with my Doctor. Dr. Mejia did the whole consultation thoughly and concise. I told Dr. Mejia do it the best you can and if you see me out at dinner somewhere I want you to be able to be proud of what you did for me and say that's one of my pieces of art! That's how I feel about my own clients.

At this point in the process and considering the time, pain, and money I would totally do this all over again without a problem picking Dr. Mejia! Dr. Mejia also takes care of all of my own 5 employee's regualar skin treatments and we all love him and his staff!

Let me know if you would like more information.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifJH- Hair stylist Juno Beach Florida

Ht 9-21-07

1's 432

2's 1102

3's 777

4's 60

5's/DFU's 154

Total hair count 5977

Average number of hairs per FU=2.4 hairs

Keep and eye out for my pics of before during and after to come.

Wiz Kid,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Mejia.

I hope you will take the time to post before, immediately post op, and progressive pictures and create a hair loss weblog.

I look forward to following your progress.

By the way, under "Location" under your signature, you have Dr. Ricardo Mejia listed. From your post, it doesn't sound like you work for Dr. Mejia, however, if you do, please post your affiliation with him in your signature according to our terms of service.

If not, you might want to correct your location.

Thanks,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to seeing your growth. Feel Free to post your photos and concerns on this forum. It is a wealth of information with many experienced patients that have been through your experience.

Ricardo Mejia MD

Kind of looks a little suspicious, especially with the Dr.'s name in the location area. If you truly did a lot of research about HT's, the "Burger King" places wouldn't have even been a remote possibility. Hope to see some follow-up.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

NN:

I have emailed the patient to correct his location. He had written my name and location as the location for his hair transplant site. He is not an employee or associated with my practice just as you are not associated with Dr. Shapiros practice.

I suspect you do not know the quality of my work yet and that is okay. I have spent the past ten years improving my techniques to provide the best results for my patients. Consequently, I would prefer to not be compared to the Burger kings or chains. From your previous posts, I realize your judgement and opinion is based on the number and quality of photos or pictures on my website. I have ignored this site for the past two years since my recommendation. I have posted a few photos but it is very time consuming for me. As a physician yourself, I am sure you realize this as well as realize it would be unfair for me to refer to you as a burger king physician when I have not seen first hand the quality of work you do as a doctor. I am sure you believe you are a great doctor and do the best for your patients and I would equally give you that opportunity.

Respectfully,

Ricardo Mejia MD

Hair Transplant Network Physician

hi NN

i feel wizkid is stating that when looking into hts he came across the notorious chains first which isn`t hard given all their advertising and thankfully did a bit more research before taking the plunge.to a newbie their glossy brochures will suck you right in.

dr mejia NN is a dr ,i dont know what type but is a good poster on here who wants the best for fellow ht sufferers.

he was not comparing you to burgerking just questioning why wizkid even considered one of these big chains but i hope i have cleared this up.

we need to take our time reading posts as everyone on here like myself will sometimes read a post to quickly and post the wrong reply unintentionally.

dr mejia i like what i`ve seen so far from your patient photos and look forward to many more.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

NN,

Dr. Mejia has been long recommended on our site. Therefore, Pat and I have full confidence in his work.

Dr. Mejia,

I do hope however, that you will begin to take some time in the near future by posting compelling examples of your work in the "Hair Transplant Patient Photo Albums" section of our forum.

Thanks,

Bill

Hello Everyone,

I do applogize for making the location mistake in my previous posting's. Look in my profile and you can see that I own my own business in Juno Beach. I do not work for Dr. Mejia in any way. Take more time to read my post please! When it comes to a salesperson in a "front" office look the other way guys! All I am saying in the "Burger King" companies in my opion do not have your back covered with personal service. I have seen alot of work in my salon as a result of poor surgen skills and proper follow-up. I want my Dr. to know me by name when I show up in his office.

When does a "Sales person" do a follow-up call or give out their private cell number for you after post-op? When do you really see them again? They just want to make sure the check clears and they get their commission.

Wiz Kid

Juno Beach Florida

Ht 9-21-07 Ricardo Mejia MD

1's 432

2's 1102

3's 777

4's 60

5's/DFT's 154

Total hair count 5977

Average number of hair per FU=2.4 hairs