Please Plan Ahead

the B spot

Hey guys!!!

I wanted to share with you a story that is developing as we speak. One of my friends had a HT about a year ago. His method of research was to pick up the paper and call several places to see how much the surgery would cost, and how soon they could take care of him. He ended up going to the Laser Hair Institute of Chicago and having a Dr. Kahn perform his surgery. The good doctor gave him a deal, 4500.00 for 3000 HAIRS. Now I must tell you that he did this on his own, and never let me know he was thinking about this, otherwise I would have steered him clear. I asked him how many girls were in the room, and how many microscopes, etc... 3 girls, and 1 microscope. He ended up in surgery for only 4 hours, and was in a fair amount of pain. Fast forward to now. I assume that the dr. had to use minigrafts with only 1 microscope in the room, but what he did was fill in my buddy's hairline and temples to what he looked like at 20! One centimeter behind that he has mini grafts placed in a decent fashion, but he looks thin on top. In addition to that, his scar is "hard", and can be felt through his hair. Two things: How unethical is it to place a 20 year old hairline on a 35 year old man who will probably end up a NW5-6 at some point in his life. Second, how do you do this with mini-grafts? I am going into the doctors office with him after the holidays to confront this unethical surgeon, and try to get some of my buddy's money back. I will let everyone now what happens. I hope others will view this and do some resaerch before going ahead with the surgery.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hey guys!!!

I wanted to share with you a story that is developing as we speak. One of my friends had a HT about a year ago. His method of research was to pick up the paper and call several places to see how much the surgery would cost, and how soon they could take care of him. He ended up going to the Laser Hair Institute of Chicago and having a Dr. Kahn perform his surgery. The good doctor gave him a deal, 4500.00 for 3000 HAIRS. Now I must tell you that he did this on his own, and never let me know he was thinking about this, otherwise I would have steered him clear. I asked him how many girls were in the room, and how many microscopes, etc... 3 girls, and 1 microscope. He ended up in surgery for only 4 hours, and was in a fair amount of pain. Fast forward to now. I assume that the dr. had to use minigrafts with only 1 microscope in the room, but what he did was fill in my buddy's hairline and temples to what he looked like at 20! One centimeter behind that he has mini grafts placed in a decent fashion, but he looks thin on top. In addition to that, his scar is "hard", and can be felt through his hair. Two things: How unethical is it to place a 20 year old hairline on a 35 year old man who will probably end up a NW5-6 at some point in his life. Second, how do you do this with mini-grafts? I am going into the doctors office with him after the holidays to confront this unethical surgeon, and try to get some of my buddy's money back. I will let everyone now what happens. I hope others will view this and do some resaerch before going ahead with the surgery.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

That sucks sorry to hear about your friend, its probably a waste of time trying to get Money back but what the hell, its a good thing he has you for a friend because you seem to have educated yourself and can steer him in the right direction, the good thing is he can be fixed, the bad thing is it will cost a lot of money and probably visual scarring in the front from moving the graphs via FUE, hope your friend finds what he needs because its out there if you look hard enough, too bad he made a hasty move already, Good Luck, Mudpuppy

• Administrators

B Spot,

As your friend's experience illustrates there is still plenty of subpare hair transplants being done every day that aren't worth a dime. It's sad especially when it is no secret how top quality surgery is now done. Dam shame he didn't go to Dr. Konior in Chicago, who is a true master of ultra refined transplantation, or of course Dr. Ron Shapiro in Minneapolis.

That's why the first sentence on the Hair Transplant Network's first page reads -"Considering a Hair Transplant? Be careful and learn from patients first."

I hope you give Dr. Kahn a hard core refresher course in transplant 101 as of 2005. I'd love to see that encounter on video tape.

Best wishes for guiding your friend toward the light. At least with you he's now in great hands.

Pat

P.S. If you do happen to wear a hidden camera we will certainly have to add it to the videos on our sites :-)

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.