3,500 CROWN GRAFTS WITH DR. FELLER - AUG. 1ST, 2008

I Just wanted to update you on my recent hair transplant. I just got back to my hotel after a 3500 graft crown session with Dr. Feller today. I first want to say that I am more than pleased with the outcome and the whole procedure. I would have to agree with the masses that Dr. Feller is very personable and makes you feel at ease the second you step into his office. He really came up with a detailed plan with the "magic purple marker". I didn't realize how complex my crown patterns were until he drew up the plan then we reviewed it together on his computer from the up close camera shots of the planned area of attack. He took into account how far left my "whorl" started from and how the general direction of the different parts of my crown went. He dense packed 3500 grafts strictly into my crown. I'm sure a lot of people would be against a 29 year old putting that much emphasis just on the crown. Dr. Feller pointed out before hand that my density in the donor area was very good and that I should have good reserves if need be for the future. Additionally he said I was a rare case because I had such a concentrated area of loss in the crown and I was pretty good everywhere else.

I got there at 7:45 am and walked out with 3500 grafts in my crown at 3:45 pm. I just wanted to say that I am so grateful for this forum and Dr. Feller and his staff. His techs are very friendly and very skilled. I enjoyed the whole procedure. I've added some pics in my weblog from today. Dr. Feller has the best pictures though, so hopefully Spex or Dr. Feller can post some up close shots soon to show you how detailed the transplanted grafts are and how skillfully they mimicked the complex pattern I have on my crown.

I will try to add updates over the next few days, but gonna crash now in my hotel cause I'm sleepy off the pain killers ????? 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Just wanted to update you on my recent hair transplant. I just got back to my hotel after a 3500 graft crown session with Dr. Feller today. I first want to say that I am more than pleased with the outcome and the whole procedure. I would have to agree with the masses that Dr. Feller is very personable and makes you feel at ease the second you step into his office. He really came up with a detailed plan with the "magic purple marker". I didn't realize how complex my crown patterns were until he drew up the plan then we reviewed it together on his computer from the up close camera shots of the planned area of attack. He took into account how far left my "whorl" started from and how the general direction of the different parts of my crown went. He dense packed 3500 grafts strictly into my crown. I'm sure a lot of people would be against a 29 year old putting that much emphasis just on the crown. Dr. Feller pointed out before hand that my density in the donor area was very good and that I should have good reserves if need be for the future. Additionally he said I was a rare case because I had such a concentrated area of loss in the crown and I was pretty good everywhere else.

I got there at 7:45 am and walked out with 3500 grafts in my crown at 3:45 pm. I just wanted to say that I am so grateful for this forum and Dr. Feller and his staff. His techs are very friendly and very skilled. I enjoyed the whole procedure. I've added some pics in my weblog from today. Dr. Feller has the best pictures though, so hopefully Spex or Dr. Feller can post some up close shots soon to show you how detailed the transplanted grafts are and how skillfully they mimicked the complex pattern I have on my crown.

I will try to add updates over the next few days, but gonna crash now in my hotel cause I'm sleepy off the pain killers ????? 

Looking good mate! You must be elated having finally got it done. What hotel are you staying in - from the photo's it looks like the bathroom at the Royal Inn motel where I stayed last year?

Good luck with the post op healing over the next few days and safe journey home.

Cheers

Custard

Crown

Congrats mate, thats going to give you great coverage.

I am booked in at the Andrew from the 6th to 9th for my HT next week - be good to get some tips if possible!

All the best for a speedy recovery.

tubs

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08

Thanks Tubs,

I will be here at The Andrew until the 12th. Feel free to swing by room 402 anytime and I'll show you the results and hook you up with some tips.

It feels good to hear you say that I should get great coverage. Dr. Feller really covered alot of area with a dense pack. I can't wait to see what it looks like in 9 months or so! I am super excited icon_biggrin.gif

Crown

That would be great! I'll get the beers! - sh*t, just remembered no beers for me just OJ! (had to give up the cigs as well).

I would be excited to, that's gonna produce a great mop.

Tubs

=======================

Crown,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with a first-rate surgeon. Your immediately postoperative photos look terrific in your blog.

Take the next few days, relax, and heal. Do some light walking to help force the fluid down to minimize swelling - though you may not have a problem in the front since you didn't have any work done in the front.

I hope you'll keep us posted on your progress.

Best wishes,

Bill

Crown royal buddy !

You have politly been following my own progress for some time now and you will know what to expect and at what stages things start to happen .

I have just checked your blog and wow what an area covered , this helps explain the docs approuch , with so many grafts in the crown , but he has covered a greater area right down on the sides and back , very clever , even if you lost maor hair in the future , but i believe you are on meds to help prevent this , the transplanted hairs really cover a greater area , you would have to be heading to a norwood 6 to receed any further down from where Dr Feller has placed the grafts .

The work looks great , clean and well planned , you have absolutly nothing to worry about , just be aware that you will see very little improvment for a long time now , check you progress and general healling but be aware these crowns take for ever hahahaha .

Expect to see a cosmetic start around 6 months , then leaps and bounds at around 7 - 9 months , then things come in stages as you have seen from my own updates and progress .

The crown swirl looks well planned and i'm looking forward to seeing the docs closer pics .

So bud chill out , come to terms with what you've had done and don't worry if not a lot seems to be happening until MAY 2009 ! hahahaha

Well done bud ........ TOP RESEARCH = TOP DOCTOR = TOP RESULTS .... it's that simple .

good luck richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Thanks Spex, Bill & Richie. I really appreciate the kind words and optimism with my HT. I can't believe I actually went through with it and it's finally over. That is a huge weight off my shoulders. Now it's just the recovery period. The donor area is really tight and annoying, but I managed to get a little sleep last night at the 45 degree angle. I will keep popping the vicodin's to ease the pain. Now I can't wait until I can shampoo my hair gently (I believe on day 3) and then I can't wait to get the staples out.

I already know from lots of researching not to expect anything til month 6 and even at month 6, not much improvement. I'm just looking forward to actually having hair in my crown for next summer in June, July, August of 09 icon_biggrin.gif

I just can't wait to go swimming now in public and not having to always have a black pillowcase because I've hidden under dermatch for the last 5 years icon_frown.gif

I can't wait til Spex or Dr. Feller can post the up close pics he took before and after the procedure so you can get a better idea of the great work that was done

Thanks again all

For Dr. Feller or Spex,

Do you have the breakdown of the total amount of grafts (with singles, doubles, triples)? That would be great if you did along with up close photos either through PM or through this thread. I believe I was around 3,500 in the crown.

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

CR

Thanks for update - it will be really useful reading, especially for those of us about to have a HT.

Receipient area looks nice and clean.

Did you get the vicodin from Dr F? If not is it available without perscription?

You gotta keep us posted daily on your other thread as well!!

Tubs

=======================

Haha Tubs, I will try to update on both threads.

I am happy with how the recipient area looks after 2 days. It does look very clean to me as well but it is very red, which is expected I guess. I finally got to pour some soap and water on it and the donor area and it really helped make it feel cleaner and less itchy.

Dr. F mailed me a prescription for the vicodin beforehand. I don't think that you can get it without a prescription. I filled it in Philly so I had it with me before my HT. I would recommend doing the same.

Thanks CR,

I will contact Spex / Dr F's office - I am arriving Wed. night so I could pop over to his office on Thursday to get the prescription.

Have you left the hotel room yet or are you "hibernating"? - Remember you can't come back from California without a sun tan!!

Tubs

Tubs

=======================

Haha, I've been semi hibernating. Between my laptop with an internet connection, my flat screen TV and my Xbox 360, I've managed to keep myself busy in the hotel room. I definitely take 2 or 3 breaks during the day and night just to cruise around in the car and run errands. So far so good for the first 4 days, 8 more to go! Ouch!

I already have the sun tan thing covered. I am going to go to the local Great Neck tanning salon 2 days in a row before I head back to Philly to look somewhat tan (and hopefully not orange!) icon_cool.gif

Hey Crown-

I meant to pm you to wish you luck beforehand. Glad everything went well...congrats on having gotten it done. I cannot imagine you'll have to use dermatch after 3500 grafts grow out on your crown.

Let me know if I can help with any advice or anything... I'm five weeks ahead of you.

We both made a great choice with Dr. Feller.

Hey Caesar!

I really hope that 3500 in the crown will eliminate the need for dermatch, but I don't want to set my hopes too high. Even if I have to put a tiny bit back there to make it look more full, I won't be that dissapointed. I'm just looking forward to not having to coat my head in it everyday in about 9 or 10 months.

I think we did make great choices going to Dr. Feller as well. I have no regrets and I'm really happy that I finally went through with it. I will definitely go back to him in a heartbeat from now on if I need further treatments down the road. To have someone that world class being only 2 hours from where I live is a blessing. Also, for me to have "great" donor as well according to Dr. Feller is a blessing. This allowed me to put 3,500 just in the crown and there is more in the reserve if need be down the road. He did cover a huge area, so I should be okay for awhile unless I start losing some in the front in the future.

Do you have a webblog setup? I would love to track your progress icon_smile.gif

Hey guys,

Sorry for posting so much in my own thread, but just wanted to keep everyone updated everyday for the first 10 days. I want to help as many people as possible by doing this. This is the stuff that I followed before making my HT decision and it helped me greatly.

I updated my webblog for Day 4 post op and I have posted 4 new pics from Dr. Feller's office that he took today. I was only able to attach one below because I couldn't figure out how to post multiple attachements. Could someone let me know how to post multiple attachements? Thank you in advance icon_smile.gif

These were all taken today with Dr. Feller's camera which is much better than mine! icon_biggrin.gif

4.jpg.8108e56cd4b4cc2158cd4991deab4316.jpg

Crown,

You are clearly healing very nicely my friend, and when all is said and done, you will have a very nice head of hair.

Since you have already created a blog, all you have to do is add all the photos into your blog and then post a link to your blog and let people know you've updated it. However, if you also want your photos on the forum, you can create a new "photo album" thread under the patient photo albums section.

Heal and grow well!

Bill