HT Naturalness !!!

EastCoast,

Relax brother. Who did your surgery? If you had an FU transplant, I'm sure you will be fine. I had an HT done on my hairline back in 95 and 96 at NHI. I just told a friend of 10 years about it, and he said he never would have known if I hadn't told him.

Fear of the unknown is powerful. When I went for my 90 day check up at DR. Gallagher only the bigger stronger 2-4 FU grew. The 1 and 2's were still very weak and fine. I thought that is how the overall HT would look. It did grow in.I am 6 months post op of a 1000 fu. 30 days from a second 900 Fu. He did all FU.I still had a light dusting on the top, no patch balding. Good crown.

Hairline receded to exactly where most doctors place a mature hairline. With all the butchers out there it hard to trust anyone.

Good surgical technique is the key to natural looking results.

I had my frontal hairline done in Chicago by MHR in the mid 90's when they were a fly-by-night group. They actually rented an office in suburban Chicago on certain weekends and flew from out of state to do surgeries.

I remember being promised an undetectable frontal hairline. I'll never forget Dr. L and his crew dashing off to the next patient after doing the strip excision and punching 200 holes in my head. Then, without introduction, some lady that I had never seen before came in and stuck the grafts into my scalp.

That night,I was shocked when I looked in the mirror in the hotel room and saw multiple 5-6 hair minigrafts right on my hairline. Even back then,I knew I was screwed. So I stood in front of the mirror and yanked probably 30-40 of the largest grafts out of my scalp.I must have been quite a sight with blood streaming down my face.

Needless to say, I never went back to that group. I wish I had yanked out the rest of the plugs.

I recently went to Shapiro for some work and so far, so good.

I guess the technology wasn't very advanced in 1995

Sure, the technology has advanced.

But what about their ethics and morals? How about their skill and common sense? Their "artistic ability"? Their honesty (or lack of honesty) with the patients?

Do you think someone's ethics and morals can suddenly change, just because the surgical technique has changed?

After I yanked the grafts out, I just applied pressure and eventually the bleeding stopped. I still have some minigrafts in the front hairline, but only a few. In retrospect, it was a smart move, even though I lost some hair.

I may not believe some of the stories about MHR if I hadn't been through this disaster, but believe me, it happened.

dodgedabullet,

I to after having mini and micro grafts put in, pulled them out right after the procedure, and I'm glad I did. I had 3 and 4 hair grafts on my hairline and I knew that wasn't right. Especially since my Dr. told me he was doing a FU transplant. The next day after the procedure when the head dress was taken off. It was clear that this grafts shouldn't have been there. I pulled the most noticeable ones out, but left a few behind. Now what I do is take the 2 and 3 hair grafts that are still there and just pluck them down to 1 hair grafts. I seem to work fine, but sometimes I have to go to the larger plugs behind the hairline and thin them out to, just so it looks like a nice progression back into my natural hair.

Mr. Hair

Mr. Hair,

Actually I also do some plucking of the remaining grafts right on the hairline.

I had work done by Shapiro a month ago, and I expect that it will look very good. If the remaining MHR plugs are still visible, I'll have them removed.

Dodgedabullet