Strip Healing

robertl

Just had a strip done on Wed. Was wondering how long it generally takes before you can lie down on the scar without being sore. It is still very sensitive to lie on. I would really like to know how long before it's better. Love to know anyones feedback on timeframe before I have to be concerned. Thanks

Just had a strip done on Wed. Was wondering how long it generally takes before you can lie down on the scar without being sore. It is still very sensitive to lie on. I would really like to know how long before it's better. Love to know anyones feedback on timeframe before I have to be concerned. Thanks

Thursday was my 4th strip surgery and I know that paniful feeling of sleeping at night! Worst part of surgery.

It usually takes around 2 weeks to have normal feeling back there, give or take a couple of days.

Who did the surgery?

In my experience it's about two weeks before it's comfortable to sleep on the incision. I just had my third surgery. I will sleep sitting up for the first week, then gladually start trying to sleep laying down again. In the big picture it's a minor inconvenience.

YMMV

My suggestion is to Ice that Strip!

I did that for the first few days (slept on a cold pack) and I felt really good.

I did have tightness back there for about a week. I was very careful not to turn my head. The stitches were still in, of course.

Ahh, the numbing of the donor area is BY FAR the worst part of the surgery. After that, to me at least, HT is a breeze. The needles in the recipient site just didn't bother me much. In the donor area, well, it just isn't fun.

But pain is temporary in this case. Very temporary. Good thing, eh?

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.