Hats

I just got a job that requires I wear a hat. Now I went to a consult here in Richmond and he said don't worry about hats, its an old wives tail. So to the masses, yes or no. Do hats speed up the balding process?????

Matt 6: 25-34

I just got a job that requires I wear a hat. Now I went to a consult here in Richmond and he said don't worry about hats, its an old wives tail. So to the masses, yes or no. Do hats speed up the balding process?????

Matt 6: 25-34

That was a good point about the donor area. I think balding men assumed hats made their hair fall out because the rubbing knocks all the loose hairs out. I know that if I wear a hat all day I will have more shedding in the shower. I'm sure the same number of hairs are thinning on my head but maybe the hat just helps yank the dead ones out. Bottom line is that hats don't make your hair fall out. DHT does.

I remember when I played baseball in my 20's and the one guy on our team always took his hat off when he got back to the dugout because he said you'd go bald wearing it. That was the funniest. I'd say to this day, 80% of the guys on our team still have their hair. It's an old wives tale.

Manko

Most woman I've polled say that when they see a guy who is wearing a ball cap, and he is not playing baseball, and it's not part of a uniform, that they assume the guy is bald.

TheTKDKid

Note: Any percentages listed are subjective estimates and should not be regarded as scientific measurements.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3hjqi/

It doesn't matter. If you look better because of the hat, and a woman finds the way that you look begins to trigger attraction in her, then you at least have the chance to sell your personality. If you can make her laugh and then have a good line for when she finds out that you are balding, then she probably won't run away.

Still, wearing a hat almost all the time (as I did for a year or so prior to HT) made me feel like a fraud -- and I was. But the ends justified the means because I got a lot more attention from women. It was fun.

So now I wear a cap whenever and it's no big dilemma. My slavery to that damn thing has ended. But I still wear it from time to time because I know women like how I look in one.

Haha, the irony is that with much improved hair, it almost seems like you are "spoiling it or wasting it" by wearing a cap.

Funny how that works. icon_smile.gif

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I'm a college student and most of the guys I know wear hats out to the bars. It's just a guy thing. You don't have to worry about your hair getting messed up I guess. Girls always told me I looked cute in a hat in high school so I have a few.

"Most woman I've polled say that when they see a guy who is wearing a ball cap, and he is not playing baseball, and it's not part of a uniform, that they assume the guy is bald."

Just like most men assume that women that wear their sweater or sweatshirt tied around their waist must have a fat ass. But sometimes they don't. Sometimes it's a fashion thing, sometimes they are just hot and trying to keep cool, etc.

The same can be said about guys and caps. It doesn't ALWAYS mean the guy is bald or balding.