Really really need some help

can someone please please help me. I moved to london about 15 months ago. Since moving here, my hair has thinned a great deal. I'm guessing, but from the look and feel, it seems I've lost 1/3 of my hair. And the hairloss just keeps getting worse. My hair care regimen hasn't changed since I got here but somehow I'm losing hair. I've been to dermatologist and trichologists and although they all have some product to sell, no one can tell me WHY I'm losing hair. I've got special lotions/vitamins and scalp spray (i know there's a good chance they won't work, but I'm desperate and am trying almost anything). Anyone similarily situated or know someone who's moved to london and had this experience? FYI, me: dreadlocked hair (has been locked for 4 years and I haven't experienced hair loss till I moved here), african-american, late 20s, wash my hair 3-4 times a week. Any thoughts anyone?

Also... anyone got any recommendations for a hair transplant surgeon in London? Getting a transplant's fast becoming my only option.

thank you

can someone please please help me. I moved to london about 15 months ago. Since moving here, my hair has thinned a great deal. I'm guessing, but from the look and feel, it seems I've lost 1/3 of my hair. And the hairloss just keeps getting worse. My hair care regimen hasn't changed since I got here but somehow I'm losing hair. I've been to dermatologist and trichologists and although they all have some product to sell, no one can tell me WHY I'm losing hair. I've got special lotions/vitamins and scalp spray (i know there's a good chance they won't work, but I'm desperate and am trying almost anything). Anyone similarily situated or know someone who's moved to london and had this experience? FYI, me: dreadlocked hair (has been locked for 4 years and I haven't experienced hair loss till I moved here), african-american, late 20s, wash my hair 3-4 times a week. Any thoughts anyone?

Also... anyone got any recommendations for a hair transplant surgeon in London? Getting a transplant's fast becoming my only option.

thank you

Propecia is reported to stop hair loss from progressing in 83% of users. Since your hair loss is recent, you should respond very well.

Nothing else works as well as Propecia, Minoxidil comes in a distant second place.

A hair transplant is not as good as maintaining your original hair. You should learn about hair transplants before you decide that's what you want, they may not be all that you imagine they are. Forget about maintaining your dreadlocks with a hair transplant.

My advice to you... stop the progression with Finasteride (Propecia) and read this website and other sites on the net, and learn about hair transplants. You can really get screwed if you make a mistake, pick the wrong doctor, get a surgery when you shouldn't have, etc. Be careful.

I knew they had problems with teeth, maybe it affects hair also. :-)

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

lol @ micropose (hello..Austin Powers)

I agree w/Arfy...you are young and this is early hairloss, try Propecia..you may be able to save your resident hair........HT's are a last resort after exhausting ever other avenue...and giving the decision a lot of thought.

I spent 5 years thinking about possible HT work before I went in. There is no rush, see a dermotologist for Propecia and have them rule out "other" possible hair-loss reasons.

Good Luck !

NW