Restored temple point hair color

Hey all-

As most of you know, I am at the six month mark and the temple points that were restored are still a lot darker than the native hair on the sides of my head.

The hair in my donor area has always been darker than my top and sides. My question is, at what point will they blend better with the sides, if at all?

I just shaved down (#2-clip) and it is a lot more noticeable at this length than when the hair is longer. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I am sure once it matures more it will soften not only in texture but also color.

Thanks

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Hey all-

As most of you know, I am at the six month mark and the temple points that were restored are still a lot darker than the native hair on the sides of my head.

The hair in my donor area has always been darker than my top and sides. My question is, at what point will they blend better with the sides, if at all?

I just shaved down (#2-clip) and it is a lot more noticeable at this length than when the hair is longer. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I am sure once it matures more it will soften not only in texture but also color.

Thanks

My initial HT thread:

i too am concerned about this if i ever get mine done.

my sides are quite grey compared to the back.

is it possible for the doc/techs to seperate the grey grafts from the rest,or is it just pot luck?

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Dr. Cooley posted a result of a patient with wavy hair, and the transplanted hairs are following the same wave pattern of the native hair. Pretty amazing.

So yes, as you mentioned, it will probably blend in.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Once the hair has had chance to go through a couple of cylces and mature as well as weather you will find the hair will blend and soften up.

As in the 5-7 year cycle of hair growth?

Eman - I haven't seen the pictures but I think that people do have idiosyncracies naturally. Also most people have no idea that HT's even exist so hopefully this won't be an issue for you. I can totally understand how easy it is to be hyper-sensitive about how it looks as it grows in, you've been an inspiration to me so far! As the summer begins hopefully it will fade in the sun. Plus I guess you're just at the start of working out which is the best way to style it. Worst case you decide you don't want to shave so short.

How did it work out at #2 - is the scar visible?

Eman,

So is there any chance that we can see any photos of your new shaved look?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I don't know how to post the pic so it can be viewed without having to click a link. I have tried it before and it worked for a while then disappeared.

Anyway, you can see the color difference and you can see it is partly due to the fact that the hair in the donor is darker than the rest of my hair for some reason. I would assume more time (per spex) and the sun in the summer will change that.

My initial HT thread:

I cant really see the different tones. Maybe on your right side, it looks a little darker and therefore slightly thicker but nothing to worry about. And I only noticed as I was look conspicously after your post.

Its all looking great. Any shots of the donor area at this stage and length?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.