Looking for a good surgeon in Illinois, mainly in the chicagoland area

thaman16

Hi, I am 20 turning 21 in a couple months. I still have a good amount of hair, however in the front and mid I see some hair loss and thinning. And I am beginning to become very vaine about it, like I am sure most males do when they see their hair being lost. Is there any recommendations I can get from surgeons in chicago. Would be very appreciative. I am quite new to this whole process of hair transplantaion,so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi, I am 20 turning 21 in a couple months. I still have a good amount of hair, however in the front and mid I see some hair loss and thinning. And I am beginning to become very vaine about it, like I am sure most males do when they see their hair being lost. Is there any recommendations I can get from surgeons in chicago. Would be very appreciative. I am quite new to this whole process of hair transplantaion,so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Originally posted by zdfger:

I would try Ron Shapiro in Minnesota. he has an excellent reputation and his hairlines take abackseat to nobody

You are way young to get a HT, your best approach for the next few years is to get on the meds and try to stave off as much hairloss as possible. It doesnt hurt to do your research about the pros and cons of a hair transplant now, so you can make an informed decision when the time is right.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

• Administrators

thaman16,

In my opinion, after visiting Chicago on multiple occasions, Dr. Ray Konior is the hands down best in Chicago and he is one of the best in North America. To view highlights from my visit to his clinic last fall, click here.

That being said, I suspect you are too young and have too little hair loss to justify hair transplant surgery. However, I suggest you consult with Dr. Konior, who is an elite member of the Coaltiion, and get a prescription for Propecia.

All the best, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.