Dr Farjo

you can contact mick mchugh via pm on here,he is the guy you need to speak to.he is the patient coordinator and arranges consutations etc.

they do consults in manchester and also in london every other week(i think).

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Maxxy,

Your wording is interesting. Is there a particular reason you think an argument will develop?

Don't you think the Farjos are producing ultra refined work after seeing the multitude of examples posted by Mick, some of his patients, and the highlights from Pat's visit to the Farjos?

Mind you, I agree with your advice, but your preface was a bit peculiar.

Bill

Hey Bill, Spex,

The reason I thought an arguement could devolope is, I have seen arguements about the clinic on forums before, Not just about that clinic but others.

I have read Pat and Balody's reports as well as seen other patients' photos and have been impressed.

However, back in 2005 when I was initially in a position where I could afford a transplant, I met with 3 guys who had work done by Farjo - two of which I really felt sorry for and the other I wasn't impressed with his results but he was happy... so fair enough.

That was enough to put me off getting a transplant until last year when I started looking again. I didn't meet any patients this time but I emailed a guy from the UK who actually went with Dr. Feller in the end. He had met Dr Farjo, and patients of him, as well as the coordinator - Mick. He had nothing good to say, he warned me on a few occaisons to stay away (I should still have the emails if you'd like his exact wording).

Anyway, due to that - like the guy who flew to Dr.Feller, I decied to go elsewhere.

Now, I'm not saying the Farjo clinic hasn't improved - from the few recent photos I have seen, they seem to be doing great work now; but after meeting people (granted, back in 2005) who had terrible experiences with him, and then recieving an email in 2008 (from the person referred to above) warning me against going to them - I felt that I should suggest CK1 makes sure he researches his clinic well (bearing in mind he said he's "not very good at this sort of thing" and wasn't sure how to contact Dr. Farjo, which made me think he hadn't researched this clinic).

Another reason (this is only my opinion):The UK is a small place, we can drive to Manchester - where the Farjo clinic is from anywhere in the UK in a matter of hours, There's a reason why people like myself and many others choose to fly thousands of miles from the UK to clinics abroad spending a greater amount of time, usually money and hassle. Sure, some people may want a Hasson and Wong mega session and others may like the way Dr. Feller does his hairlines; but if people in the UK *really* believed that Farjo's were on par with Dr. Feller, Dr. Hasson/Dr.Wong, Dr. Shapiro etc (and in my case Dr. Pathomvanich) then many more would choose the easier and mostly cheaper option to say in the UK (why wouldn't we? Perhaps because I/we believe we are going get a better transplant from another clinic?).

In conclusion...

Don't you think the Farjos are producing ultra refined work after seeing the multitude of examples posted by Mick, some of his patients, and the highlights from Pat's visit to the Farjos?

Yes I believe they are. Yes, I believe they have improved a great deal but I also believe their past warrants a warning to look into the clinic, speak to former patients and make sure you're happy before going ahead (hence my previous post). But as I said in my last post, I believe you should do this with every clinic.

Spex,

I did have my transplant with Dr. Pathomvanich on November 4th. I will be posting photos on the 3 month mark. I'm not sure why I decided on that, looking back, lol - but as it's almost 3 months since the event - I'll stick to the plan.

Everything is going pretty much as planned, some hairs are just starting to pop up and I'm not sure if they will show up in a photo, but I can feel them and *just* see them. The scar is still very red and the receipt area pink.

Maxxy,

I think your answer was well thought out and very thorough.

I understand that the past can influence decisions. But I also agree with you that the Farjo's have significantly improved their surgical technique over the last several years and are now doing ultra refined first-rate work.

Additionally, researching and consulting with all physicians you are considering is always good advice.

Like Spex, I too look forward to seeing your progress photos with Dr. Pathomvamich.

Best wishes,

Bill

i would still like to see this murky past that always gets brought up.

when i was researching i couldn't find any actual negative patient feedback,just alot of naysayers and scaremongery. icon_smile.gif

granted i couldn't find much actual patient feedback of any kind for them,and the clinic wasn't posting at the time.

this is why i decided to start posting my experiences on here and as you know mick has posted a shedload of photos and videos over the last year or so.

this is not forgetting fallenstar,brianboro,longpig amongst others that post now.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

• 2 months later...

Gents,

Was looking for previous posts re the Farjo Clinic (i'm trying to work out whether i need to fly abroad!) and found this one.

Bill,

You mentioned that they have "significantly improved their surgical technique" and I was just wondering when this was and how the procedures changed?

It's absolutely key i get this right so appreciate your assistance! Grateful for any further input from patients...

Regards,

Bash77