photo album question

I'am in the process of trying to make a photo album and I have uploaded approx. 15 pics. I'am at the point where I need to number, name and comment on them. After clicking the update button it get this error message

'TOPIC_OID is a mandatory field'

Can someone please advise as to what this means?

Thanks.

3147 ish) grafts Dr. Konior

No meds.

Burt1973,

TOPIC_OID is a name of a field that apparently is mandatory. If I had to guess, it's the thread topic. When uploading the album, make sure you put a topic such as "3147 grafts with Dr. Konior".

Also make sure any other field has been filled out that may be required.

Please let me know if you are still having difficulty after you try this.

I hope this helps.

Bill

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm experiencing the same error message. I have tried to upload an album of 35 images three times. I made absolutely certain to enter the topic and all other fields, but it seems to give this error message at different stages of the process. (Maybe the forum is resetting the fields itself, somehow, during the process?)

The first time it showed me this error immediately after uploading my photos. Another time it waited till I had filled out captions and comments for 35 pictures (aghhh!) before giving the error and now refuses to go any further, meaning that I'll probably have to re-enter everything again from scratch. A daunting task, considering it took a considerable part of the day to take the photos and resize them.

Any ideas?

Well, I finally managed to get the album posted.

In case anyone else asks, it seems that you cannot type text that's too lengthy in the fields beneath the captions. If your text description for any photo goes over 2 lines, it appears to give the error message.

Also, organizing the order of your photos can be problematic. I found that the best strategy is to upload all files individually (9 at a time) in the precise order you want them to appear in the album, so that no further shuffling is required later on. Then just go ahead and post the album with no captions or comments.

After the album appears on the forum, go back and edit it to add captions and comments to all the photos, making certain that each one is under the 2 line limit that the space above the photos allows.

Hope this is of assistance.