how bad is it to wear a wig after HT

I just finished a HT procedure with Dr. Hasson on tuesday 5/29(I am extremely happy about the result and I may post the pictures later), however, I need to go back to work(client base job) on monday and it is impossible for me to show my HT to the client/co-worker, I am considering wearing a wig for the next week, is it going to truly damage my grafts or it will only do minimal effect? Thanks for the advises in advance.

I just finished a HT procedure with Dr. Hasson on tuesday 5/29(I am extremely happy about the result and I may post the pictures later), however, I need to go back to work(client base job) on monday and it is impossible for me to show my HT to the client/co-worker, I am considering wearing a wig for the next week, is it going to truly damage my grafts or it will only do minimal effect? Thanks for the advises in advance.

Personally, I would not advise it. The grafts will be secured by then but wigs make your head hot and sweaty....it's best to keep everything nice, clean and airy. I do understand your concern and possible embarrassment but that is short term and getting the best long term result is far more fulfilling. Best of luck.

1st HT 1-5-05 - 1894 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

2nd HT 12-18-06 - 1542 FUT's Dr. Glenn Charles

Total: 3436 FUT's

Current Protocol: Propecia Daily, Laser Therapy EOD 20 mins.

I agree with Tha Joe and would not recommend it..........

However, I believe Bushy who posts here wore a partial piece while his 2nd HT was coming in.........you may want to PM him and ask.

Have your incisions had time to heal?? I work in a professional environment with clients and went back around two weeks and went back with the ultra-short haircut and did okay. As long as it doesn't seem too important to you I don't think anyone will question you much. As has been seen in the past, we're much more concerned with how we look than others.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hi

I was in your shoes too and used DERMATCH to cover the grafts after about a week or so .. Not sure how short your hair is but knowing H &W you a probably shaved

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

jors23,

Technically, you are safe to wear a wig soon after an HT. I'd say 2 weeks to be safe, but really I'd at least wait until all the scabs are removed and at least 9 days. Some may argue that you can do it sooner, but I suppose I'm all about providing optimal healing environments for at LEAST 2 weeks.

But...I do agree with my friends above. Wearing a hairpiece will make your head sweaty and not provide optimal conditions for your scalp. It won't harm anything...but the choice is up to you.

Bill