Suggest me some HT surgeon in North Carolina

I'm 28 years old, living in Raleigh, NC. I just started doing the research for my HT. And i found this forum very useful and active.

I started loosing my hair at 18 years of my age. Now, i lost most of my top & front hair.

I would prefer to have one surgery with most number of grafts(may be 2500 grafts).

Has anyone done the HT in North Carolina? Can anyone please suggest me some good HT surgeon in NC area?

Thanks.

NS.

Hey man,

I just got a transplant about 48 hours ago from Dr. Cooley in Charlotte. It was an amazing experience and he's a top notch guy in his field, one of the 10 best in the world. I had no pain or discomfort and have not to this day with 1500 grafts to restore my hairline. I highly recommend him as do most on this site. You can find his info from the homepage on here, but his office is called Carolina Dermatology. If you just want to google "Dr. Cooley Charlotte NC" you'll find his info. He does free consults and they take care of you very well. His main goal is to comfortably graft as much as possible so that you'll never have to see him again. I actually paid for 1500 grafts and after taking out my donor strip he had an additional 160 that he put in for free. He really really enjoys his work and thinks of it as an art form that he takes a lot of pride in. He's got an extensive DVD collection that you can view during the surgery and he even gets you takeout for lunch. You need look no further in NC.

Hey NS--- you should start your search with Dr. Cooley. I am not aware of any docs in the area that are producing the level of results that Dr. Cooley does.

While I constantly harp on not letting travel be a deterrent...in this case you would be in great hands.

Welcome to the site and please ask all the questions you need to.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by WeAreCured:

Hey man,

I just got a transplant about 48 hours ago from Dr. Cooley in Charlotte. It was an amazing experience and he's a top notch guy in his field, one of the 10 best in the world. I had no pain or discomfort and have not to this day with 1500 grafts to restore my hairline. I highly recommend him as do most on this site. You can find his info from the homepage on here, but his office is called Carolina Dermatology. If you just want to google "Dr. Cooley Charlotte NC" you'll find his info. He does free consults and they take care of you very well. His main goal is to comfortably graft as much as possible so that you'll never have to see him again. I actually paid for 1500 grafts and after taking out my donor strip he had an additional 160 that he put in for free. He really really enjoys his work and thinks of it as an art form that he takes a lot of pride in. He's got an extensive DVD collection that you can view during the surgery and he even gets you takeout for lunch. You need look no further in NC.

Thanks dude,

Have you posted your before and during HT pictures on this forum? Please share it with us.

I recently visited Bosley in Raleigh for a consultation. Linda Kwiatkowskiis the HT doctor in Bosley, Raleigh. But i couldn't find any reviews about her HT work in any forum/ Google.

Has anyone done HT at Bosley, Raleigh by Linda Kwiatkowski?

Can anyone give me a review about her HT work?

NS,

Welcome to our community.

If you are looking for a first-rate surgeon in North Carolina, you would do yourself a great service by consulting with Dr. Cooley who is one of our Coalition physicians. Using our find feature of this forum community will lead you to a number of patient posted experiences and photos so you can see for yourself the quality of his work.

I also encourage you that if you are not already on hair loss medication such as Propecia and Rogaine, to research these as they can help prevent future hair loss and may even regrow hair.

Best wishes,

Bill

NS,

Bosley charges you lot more than the best doctors in this field. I dont have any personal experience on their results (i sure did see lots of negative results from users on this site).

so, you might want to discuss your case with the top doctors, you can find on this site. here is the link if you need ...

http://www.americanhairloss.org/surgical_hair_restorati...inding_a_surgeon.asp

NS,

I live in Durham, NC, pretty much right next to Raleigh. My situation is very similar to yours, that I began losing my hair at 17, and before my HT I was a NW5A who had lost just about all hair on the front and top.

I started my research on HT around this time last year, and decided to go with Dr. Cooley on 2/26/2007, so now I have just passed the 9-month post op mark. You can view my pre-op and some early post-op photos from the following link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=148858.

As other veteran posters have stated over and over again, don't let location be a priority. But in your case, it's less than 3 hours drive from Raleigh to Dr. Cooley's office in Charlotte, which is really nothing compared to some of the other patients who had to take a flight to reach a Coalition doctor.

Depending on your level of hair loss, 2500 grafts may not be enough for full coverage at decent density. Like you, I wanted to get everything done in just one surgery, so I actually saved up enough money for around 4500 grafts. But unfortunately, during my initial (free) consultation Dr. Cooley found that he could only SAFELY take out about 2500 grafts in one session due to my unimpressive donor density and laxity. So I was quoted 2500 grafts for $10,000. However, I got a 10% discount for paying the whole thing in cash, so the amount was down to $9000. Due to my diligent scalp exercise, on the day of surgery he was actually able to take out 2700+ grafts, though anything over the original graft quote was done for free. So $9000/2700 grafts = $3.33/graft, which is extremely reasonable, especially considering it was from a Coalition doctor.

Attached is one of my favorite photos, taken when I was on a date around 7.5 month post op. I will let the result speak for itself and let you be the judge of Dr. Cooley's skills. And no, the girl in the photo couldn't detect I had a HT icon_smile.gif

7.5month_post_op.jpg.c83464e7c6b5c761aa26876d857fb844.jpg