Just Thinking Out Loud.....

I guess I am posting this simple out of frustration for some of the advice or "what I would do" bullshit being handed out on this forum these days. We have people saying they would shave their heads after 1 or 2 HT, we have people opting for micro grafts because of cost, people buying hairloss drugs from out of the country, and people trying to justify going to clinics that nobody has even heard of.

The problem is not those of us that look at everything, but rather the visitor that that stumbles across this site, and goes away thinking "It's OK to shave your head if you don't like the way your HT looks!" or the guy who thinks everyone is just buying hairloss drugs from India or whatever is cheaper. Same thing with these out-dated, over-priced mini-mills (thanks Pat!). I guess what I am trying to say is make sure remember what we were like when we FIRST FOUND THIS SITE. Remember how excited you got, that maybe, just maybe you could do something about your hairloss, and for the first time you were not seeing it on some comercial. Remember showing everyone you know the site, just to prove that hairtransplantation could work? I know I did.

Remember how you took everything everyone said for the truth, until you hung around for a while? Just keep that in mind and remember that some people are more desperate than others, and may read something here and rush off to Dr. Hair Butcher because they want it NOW. Just kicking some stuff around here folks......glad we have many members that hang around and dispose of most of this stuff before it gets out of hand. icon_smile.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I guess I am posting this simple out of frustration for some of the advice or "what I would do" bullshit being handed out on this forum these days. We have people saying they would shave their heads after 1 or 2 HT, we have people opting for micro grafts because of cost, people buying hairloss drugs from out of the country, and people trying to justify going to clinics that nobody has even heard of.

The problem is not those of us that look at everything, but rather the visitor that that stumbles across this site, and goes away thinking "It's OK to shave your head if you don't like the way your HT looks!" or the guy who thinks everyone is just buying hairloss drugs from India or whatever is cheaper. Same thing with these out-dated, over-priced mini-mills (thanks Pat!). I guess what I am trying to say is make sure remember what we were like when we FIRST FOUND THIS SITE. Remember how excited you got, that maybe, just maybe you could do something about your hairloss, and for the first time you were not seeing it on some comercial. Remember showing everyone you know the site, just to prove that hairtransplantation could work? I know I did.

Remember how you took everything everyone said for the truth, until you hung around for a while? Just keep that in mind and remember that some people are more desperate than others, and may read something here and rush off to Dr. Hair Butcher because they want it NOW. Just kicking some stuff around here folks......glad we have many members that hang around and dispose of most of this stuff before it gets out of hand. icon_smile.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I personaly think youre a whining baby for this community.

Ofcourse people ask different question as many think this is lot of money involved to get HT or to buy this drugs and ofcourse people would order from somewhere else just to get it cheaper. I my self buy propecia that cost $60 just for 1 month supply and that is expensive so Im checking for other options right now.

And when it comes to HT and shaving the hair, yes many people including me have that thought if we wouldnt be satisfied with the results that HT brings, and yes there are some awful or bad results with top surgeons also not just with poor surgeons or with surgeons that are not mentioned on this site. This site mentions the USA and there are lots of goods surgeons all over the world, so dont try to draw the line on exploring other options for visitors because you dont like it B-SPOT.

And to be able to shave hair is a very good option for people, I think many people are in so bad condition mentally that why not support them instead of your BS posts about being so negative because people name SHAVING + HT?

Sorry for my bad english... dont cry B Spot.

I think b-spot has some fair concerns. It's a bit ridiculous for people to just use this place as a forum to bitch or to justify an absurd idea. However, sometimes people come in here without any education on the topic, and eventually they do learn that what they were thinking was wrong. You have to have a little patience with those that are uninformed.

At first, I thought that I could shave my head because I just assumed the current standard process was more like Follicular Unit Extraction than the strip procedure. I had no idea! Well, now I know and now I've had a strip procedure done. Obviously, I know that I can't shave my head now...though I can get it cut pretty close!

Also, though my clinic was one that "nobody has ever heard of" the doc has qualificaitons that some of the network docs don't even have.

The docs listed here are not the end-all, be-all of HTs, but from what I've read, if you go to one of them you will be more than glad that you did. I'm happy that a place like this exists, so that even if someone is misguided, they can use one of the recommended docs and they'll end up with a good result, rather than going to Dr. Hair Butcher.

This is an important forum with a wealth of information and it contains a list of some of the best hair transplant surgeons in the world. And the best part is, it's not because those doctors said so, it's because the guys who had their heads cut say so.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Good post Dhuge, I remember you when you were young and naive icon_biggrin.gif. Hope your growing well.

HH

Originally posted by dhuge67:

I think b-spot has some fair concerns. It's a bit ridiculous for people to just use this place as a forum to bitch or to justify an absurd idea. However, sometimes people come in here without any education on the topic, and eventually they do learn that what they were thinking was wrong. You have to have a little patience with those that are uninformed.

At first, I thought that I could shave my head because I just assumed the current standard process was more like Follicular Unit Extraction than the strip procedure. I had no idea! Well, now I know and now I've had a strip procedure done. Obviously, I know that I can't shave my head now...though I can get it cut pretty close!

Also, though my clinic was one that "nobody has ever heard of" the doc has qualificaitons that some of the network docs don't even have.

The docs listed here are not the end-all, be-all of HTs, but from what I've read, if you go to one of them you will be more than glad that you did. I'm happy that a place like this exists, so that even if someone is misguided, they can use one of the recommended docs and they'll end up with a good result, rather than going to Dr. Hair Butcher.

This is an important forum with a wealth of information and it contains a list of some of the best hair transplant surgeons in the world. And the best part is, it's not because those doctors said so, it's because the guys who had their heads cut say so.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Originally posted by HairHope:

Good post Dhuge, I remember you when you were young and naive icon_biggrin.gif. Hope your growing well.

HH

Hey, thanks!

As for my growth? I'm seeing the sprouts but I just can't wait until it thickens. As of right now, the density is not quite what I'd like it to be, but if it thickens it will look proper.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Good points D, but Robo has been around for a few years here. Good memory Hope.

Robo--have you had a hair transplant?

Robo, there is no need to attack me personally. You have been around here for a few years, and should realize that this is not necessary.

You and I have had a couple of good "talks" a few months back, and I see no reason it should not continue. I look back on some of your posts and see that you are VERY concerned about scarring, to the point where you anounced that you were going to seek FUE with Dr. Feller. That is one of the reasons I spoke out against shaving your head. In addition, you keep saying this site mentions on the US, but you are wrong. We have doc's in Cananda and in South America as well that are supported here, and I know that Pat would love to find some clinics across the pond as well.

The only reason I responded the way I did is you were given good advice and you have been around here for a few years as well. Ask dhuge what happened when he announced he would just shave his head, how he responded, and how he feels now. I am sorry that the BEST HT surgeons exist in the Western Hemisphere, and even though you tout europe, you are going to Dr. Feller, for your surgery (A good move by the way). Last, if you look through my response to both of your posts, you can see I disagreed with you without calling names or making disparaging remarks about your presence here or your use of the English language. That is called one informed person talking to another, and maintaining a healthy respect for one another. This is serious stuff, but it can be fun and easy as well. So have fun, see you around, and good luck treating your hairloss. icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Perhaps, I could chime in a little as someone who has had a recent transplant and learned alot here and other places. Yes, I think you can be misled if you don't do your research. But in a nutshell, you will have to live with your decision. This is a very emotional issue for all of us as it deals with how we view ourselves (and how others do as well). I find it a little unsettling that people here have such wonderful things to say about their experience (yet haven't seen the results). But people should view it as just that a good INITIAL EXPERIENCE. BUT..... the proof is in the results. But information is power and we are all better off because of this forum and others.

Hi all

As much valid input as we all contriute it is the "prospect's" responsibility to do research on his own to make a solid decesion. When I first thought of having a HT I first visited the net for hours searching for info. After, I found this site and many others which shared objective feedback. I utilized the searach option ( and google) to decide on some surgeons.. I then visited a couple and went with the one who had good, consistent feedback and who I liked in person. Guess what? I've had amazing results with my 2 procedures and I'm extremely happy.. Like any investment people need to do extensive research prior to committing to a large purchase ( HT or car or whatever).. This is why so many people get screwed everyday.. unfortunately there are a lot of people willing to rip you off out there..

People take notice!! Do the groundwork and don't take one person's opinion.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!