HAHA. Seeing Bosley tomorrow (only to get Avodart)

jackisback1

I know everybody hates Bosley, but I'm going to a consultation tomorrow just to get a prescription of Avodart. Whaddayou guys think? Will they give me the prescription? Otherwise I'll cancel b/c i don't really have any other reason to want to see those guys.

I know everybody hates Bosley, but I'm going to a consultation tomorrow just to get a prescription of Avodart. Whaddayou guys think? Will they give me the prescription? Otherwise I'll cancel b/c i don't really have any other reason to want to see those guys.

Well, nobody replied, but I guess I'll give a little info anyway. The visit was pretty laughable. It was clear that the place was more like a business trying to pitch a product than a medical facility. It was also clear that the guy had no kind of medical training from any institution, i.e. if he ever got a college undergrad degree I doubt it had anything to do with health. Oh, and it was clear that he had a shitty HT himself, haha. It was clear to him that I was not yet in the market for an HT, and it was clear to me that he wanted me out ASAP to avoid wasting both of our time. Didn't get any Avodart, so it was a waste of my time, but here was the worst part:

This gentleman informed me that Propecia and Rogaine do not work on the front of the head, so I should just stop because I am just wasting my money. What an asshole. I mean we all know, that of course these drugs are more effective in the back of the head, but I cannot believe that he would say something so stupid. It's like they aren't even trying to hide the fact that they are trying to get people to lose their hair so they can sell them on their HTs. I think they're clearly going for the market segment that does absolutely no research, and thinks that if they advertise on TV they must have money from building up a reputable service.

Guest Cousin_It

What did you expect! It was worth trying to get a prescription, maybe they are not allowed to give prescriptions anymore, with all the bad rep they have been getting maybe the state has taken away their medical licenses!!!

Have you checked any of the NON US pharmacies. I put up a post a while ago where they were selling US Avodart at a good price with no script. I have a link in it too.

Have to ask, why are you considering Avodart, is Propecia not working for you. Lots of posts on this forum concerning no long terms studies on it so you don't know what can happen.

Jack, next time bring a hiddencam and post that shit on youtube or something. Salesmen working in the industry who want more baldies, which equals more business are dispicable. It is no surprise they would try and cut down the drug industry to better themselves.

NoBuzz

I've been considering Avodart since I saw a post on baldingblog.com saying that a recent study saw that it could be more beneficial than propecia. I don't think I'm considering it as much anymore, after a brief phone convo I had w/ somebody in the industry, and might I add a health institution which is considered very reputable aside from cosmetics. I plan on leaving a post about that conversation soon.

Guest Cousin_It

Looking forward to your post. Hopefully it will contain information meant to disuade individuals thinking of using it. I personally think it may cause long term problems that are not worth the few extra hairs it may grow over Propecia.

Well, I left a long post about our discussion. The name of the Topic is: "Future Drug Coming Out", and it's posted under the "Future Medical Treatments" section. http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=147319

Yes, it does disuade the reader from taking Avodart, because it is based on the idea that a new treatment could be here in 16 months. From what I've heard Avodart causes massive shedding, and my rough estimate of what I've read seems to suggest it wouldn't even be worth it for about 9 months, because you have to wait to regain what you shed. Well if there will be a new treatment in 16 months why do something that will make you look worse at first, and then not better until 9 months from now? Just wait the extra 7 months.

But to be honest, I want thicker hair so bad I would STILL be willing to take Avodart and risk the longterm side effects, and brave the short term shedding side effects if it weren't for the fact that A: it's a bitch trying to find a doctor to prescribe it to me, and that'll take a lot of time and maybe money; and B: Avodart is way more expensive, so maybe not worth all the money if there's gonna be a new better treatment very soon. Hope people like my other post, and even more than that, even though it all comes from what I consider to be a very reliable medical source, it just sounds almost too good to be true, so let's hope it is true!

jack-

Missed your post until now...funny about Bosley, huh?? Not even good for an Avodart script!

Their comment about Finasteride was way off, for sure. Personally, I just started taking it after my 2nd HT 10 months ago and I've DEFINITELY experienced regrowth a little below my HT hairline, no question about it.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Yeah, in everything I've read I've never seen anyone say that propecia and/or rogaine will do NOTHING to regrow hair or slow hair loss, only that its best results are on the back of the head. Too bad this institution is contributing to the false information being spewed out about this.