First Procedure - Dr. Dorin

JJT

My first procedure ever and all I can say is that Dr. Dorin and his staff are awesome! I was scared to death arriving at the office for my procedure but Dr. Dorin quickly made me feel very comfortable and I quickly lost my nervousness (OK the valium helped a bit).

The procedure was painless and the Dr. and his staff were extremely professional and efficient. I had 1684 grafts placed in the front and top and so far (3 days post op) the healing looks great. I can't wait to see new growth.

I want to thank everyone on this forum that contributes because when I was doing my research the forum was a HUGE help in answering many of my questions and concerns. Thank you all!

My first procedure ever and all I can say is that Dr. Dorin and his staff are awesome! I was scared to death arriving at the office for my procedure but Dr. Dorin quickly made me feel very comfortable and I quickly lost my nervousness (OK the valium helped a bit).

The procedure was painless and the Dr. and his staff were extremely professional and efficient. I had 1684 grafts placed in the front and top and so far (3 days post op) the healing looks great. I can't wait to see new growth.

I want to thank everyone on this forum that contributes because when I was doing my research the forum was a HUGE help in answering many of my questions and concerns. Thank you all!

You got any pics?

I'm happy for you, but it appears odd that you've just registered and followed with this type post and state this forum helped answer many of your questions.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Dewayne, I'm not sure why you think my post is so odd... Many people just like me have used this forum to search out answers to questions regarding the procedure by reading posts from others...You don't need to register and post to have your questions answered.

I must say that I'm a bit surprised and frankly a bit bewildered by the strange welcome you give me with your questioning (albeit indirectly) about the legitimacy of my registration.

Just so you'll be satisfied Dewayne, I joined after my procedure because now that I've had the procedure and had a great experience, I feel compelled to share my experience with others who might want to know, just like I did, about the procedure.

I suppose you're right, but I registered and actually asked questions in many posts; so I guess I figured everyone does the same. When you stay on here daily as long as I do, you see a lot of commercial posts... icon_redface.gif

Nevertheless, I hope you post some before / afters as we don't see enough of his work for sure. There are some weblogs set up from some of his patients though, and the results look excellent.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

JJT,

Welcome to our forum community. I'm very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience with Dr. Dorin. I hope you will take the time to post your pictures and document your progress with us by creating a hair loss weblog.

I want to add that Dewayne is a very helpful and good guy. Sometimes members (including me at times) are skeptical of new posters sharing experiences without photos. But I agree that he should have given you the benefit of the doubt.

Glad to have you here.

Heal and grow well!

Bill

No worries...I understand.

I've attached a single pic taken 4 days post op. To my amazement virtually all the redness is gone! If it weren't for the scabs I don't think anyone would know I had anything done.

The pic is not that good because I couldn't get close enough to show the graft placement but I think It shows enough to get an idea of where I started from...

1684 Dr. Dorin 5/8/08

IMG_1716.jpg.b3e7a657cf062dd421f4dc0636f88fbc.jpg

JJT,

While it's hard to tell from the pics, Im sure it'll look good when it's grown in.

My question is... Why such a low # of grafts? It appears that there is a large area to cover and that 1700 grafts may be on the low side to do this. Do you have low donar density?

Good luck!

JJT:

Did you go for the front 1/3? You're right, it's not noticeable. He is an excellent surgeon, though, so I'm sure it'll look good.

BTW, I think you are real now. icon_biggrin.gif

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

dakota3...My plan was to be somewhat conservative and decided to start on the front and top and have the crown and some fill in next year. Although the graft count seems low (1684), when I look at the grafts in a mirror it looks like there are hairs planted all over the place...So, I'm hopeful that even with the low graft count the fill will be what I'm hoping for.

Dewayne...I actually wanted the front 2/3 leaving the crown for next year. I can't believe how quickly the healing took place. I was all set to endure a drawn out process of concealing the procedure with a ball cap (RED SOX!) and some concealer makeup. To my pleasant surprise I really don't need either after only 5 days. As of today the only thing that is noticeable is the dry skin and some scabbing.

Hopefully with my new shampoo routine that starts today the dry skin will fluff off and within a few days there won't be anything noticeable.

I must say, today I have to do the first shampoo where I have to actually gently scrub the grafts and I'm freaking out... icon_eek.gif

Thanks again!