HT done at The Griffin Center of Atlanta

jame61

Hello, On the 15th of August I had a procedure of 700 grafts done at the The Griffin Center of Atlanta. All grafts where to the frontal area of my head. The entire procedure went smoothy and there was no pain. I did most of my research on sites like this and Dr. Griffin came highly recommended. I was impressed by the complete professionalism of his staff. I am 2 days post op and have absolutely no pain. I am eager to see the results.

Hello, On the 15th of August I had a procedure of 700 grafts done at the The Griffin Center of Atlanta. All grafts where to the frontal area of my head. The entire procedure went smoothy and there was no pain. I did most of my research on sites like this and Dr. Griffin came highly recommended. I was impressed by the complete professionalism of his staff. I am 2 days post op and have absolutely no pain. I am eager to see the results.

jame61 congrats,

Only 700 grafts? usually that is too few to consider a HT for, where a lot of doctors will consider you to wait. How old are you? also Im guessing you are at most an NW2, is this correct?

We would also like to see your results as there aren't many results from Dr Griffin or people undergoing a small HT.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

700 won't give you much of a cosmetic effect unless you are a nw2 as JakeVig said. I hope you didn't get a scar for only 700 grafts. I had 1300 grafts and that is considered a small procedure by today's standard. Could you post pictures?

I am 45 years old. For most of my life I was lucky to have a full head of hair. Within the last 3 years my hair has been thinnig in the front. I have experienced no loss on my crown. I have thick black course hair. The 700 grafts are to add volume in the front. Along with the Propecia I should be OK and should require no more sessions. I was very hesitate about doing this but was suprise at how easy and painless the procedure was. I've seen many photos on this website of Dr Shapiro's work...looks like he is a real pro. Are you happy with what he has done for you? I am pleased with Dr Griffin although he receives little publicity on this site. James

Originally posted by JakeVig:

jame61 congrats,

Only 700 grafts? usually that is too few to consider a HT for, where a lot of doctors will consider you to wait. How old are you? also Im guessing you are at most an NW2, is this correct?

We would also like to see your results as there aren't many results from Dr Griffin or people undergoing a small HT.

Originally posted by dhoose75:

700 won't give you much of a cosmetic effect unless you are a nw2 as JakeVig said. I hope you didn't get a scar for only 700 grafts. I had 1300 grafts and that is considered a small procedure by today's standard. Could you post pictures?

I am 45 years old. For most of my life I have been lucky to have a full head of hair. Within the last 3 years my hair has been thinning in the front. I have experienced no loss on my crown. I have thick black course hair. The 700 grafts are to add volume in the front. Along with the Propecia I should be OK and should require no more sessions. I was very hesitate about doing this but was suprise at how easy and painless the procedure was. I am pleased with Dr Griffin although he receives little publicity on this site. Are you happy with your results? James

Hi jame61,

Well that would explain it, being 45 with just a little loss on your hairline makes you an ideal candidate for a HT as it looks like there will be no chance you will run out of your donor anytime soon - you can pretty much decide on the hairline you want. Yeah I've only read a little about Dr Griffin's work (from what I know he regarded as an excellent doc) but have not seen too many pictures.

Yeah Im very happy about my procedure with Ron Shapiro, Im at the 2 month mark so my results are just starting to come in, next month will be an interesting one for me.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

• 2 weeks later...

I been going to Dr Griffin since 1988, he is one of the best, you made a wise choice. I've had a total of 8 transplants over the years and no one has ever questioned my hair line. My last one was 1200 grafts and the visit was unreal based on my early years experience. The procedure has come light years. I ran into someone the other day who had an obvious transplant and I approached that person and commented on who did their work?, this person looked at me sideways wondering why I was asking and I told them that all my hair was tranplanted and they were floored. Dr Griffin is truly a pioneer in this field, I know I sound like a commercial, but I can't say enough about his approach, ethic and skill.

Originally posted by JakeVig:

jame61 congrats,