23 yrs! Please help with Minoxidil, Nioxin & Nizoral Shampoo's!

Hello,

I'm 23 years old and slightly receding on my front sides, and since I believe it's a balding process and not just recession with age, I want to take care of it now.. I just bought Proscar so that's taken care of... I bought a pill cutter.. Do I take it in quarters? I also need to know which Minoxidil to take? That's Rogaine, right? Also, I found that people like the Nioxin and Nizoral Shampoo's. There are so many to choose from of the Nioxin products.. Which one best suits me? I take Pantene now and it's just too darn strong! Plus I'm not sure if I should rotate Nizoral & Nioxin each day?? There is Nizoral 1% and 2%.. Which one do I need if I need it at all with Nioxin??

My consultation with Dr. Konior will be in 2 long months.. Thanks so much all!!! This forum will change my life!!

Dan

• Administrators

Dan,

I think you are really on the right track and have a good plan in place - beginning with stopping your hair loss. Cutting Proscar into quarters and taking one each day will give you the same equivilant dose of finasteride 1.25 mgs as you would get with Propecia finasteride 1 mg. The only difference is you will save considerable money by not paying for Merck Pharmacies advertising and price mark ups for Propecia.

A little know fact is that when studies were done on the effectiveness of Propecia, those taking it were also using the anti inflamatory shampoo - Nizoral. I think it is wise to use this shampoo on occasion, will using a shampoo like Nioxin on a more regular basis.

At your young age of 23 and with slight recession I'd take my time before doing surgery. I expect that will be Dr. Konior's advice when he sees you.

Best wishes for stopping your hair loss and welcome to our community.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.