Shedding and Flaking

Hey all,

I think this is my third post in two days, but I'm fairly desperate...

Anyways, I have a question about the correlation between having a flaky, dry, dandruff-y looking scalp and shedding. Is the reason I have been shedding so fiercely recently due to my really dry scalp? Side notes: I did experience one shedding period this large, but I assumed it was normal because it was about two or three months after I started using Propecia. Also, this is the first summer where hair loss has been a major issue for me. I am a big time golfer and I have never worn hats; could my hair loss be from sun burn?

My current regimen is Propecia once every 1.5 days and multi-vitamins (if they do anything). Should I add a moisturizing shampoo? Are there moisture-rich shampoos out there that can also thicken the hair?

Thanks for taking the time guys, I really need your help

I am using a good combination with a thickening shampoo and then an intense moisturizer. It is best not to use a 2-in-1 shampoo because the concentration of moisturizer is not very high. I'm using Men: Thick Surge and Matrix Men: Moisture Rev.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by Ty:

could my hair loss be from sun burn?

I doubt it, unless you're in the sun excessively. Even then, the loss wouldn't be permanent. The loss would be from damage and breakage. According to a website, excessive exposure to the sun can damage your hair by inducing oxidation of the sulfur molecules within the hair shaft,leaving the hair weak, brittle, dry and faded.