hurt grafts?

maybe i'm just worrying too much; but 2 weeks (the scabs were gone) to 6 months postop,can you hurt the grafts in anyway by styling coming etc..during that period, it was a struggle trying to style my hair to get it to look presentable befor going out in public; I would put surfhair in the hairline where the grafts were placed, comb the hair up to create volume and blowdry and repeat if necessary to get it to look "right." The grafts are secured at 2 weeks post op so there really is no way to damage them unless you had a severe trauma right? I just want some piece of mind; nothing ever bled or anything

maybe i'm just worrying too much; but 2 weeks (the scabs were gone) to 6 months postop,can you hurt the grafts in anyway by styling coming etc..during that period, it was a struggle trying to style my hair to get it to look presentable befor going out in public; I would put surfhair in the hairline where the grafts were placed, comb the hair up to create volume and blowdry and repeat if necessary to get it to look "right." The grafts are secured at 2 weeks post op so there really is no way to damage them unless you had a severe trauma right? I just want some piece of mind; nothing ever bled or anything

Ooops!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Crap...........3 posts on this thread when I meant to make one! And I'm supposed to be a veteran on this site???? icon_confused.gif

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Crap...........3 posts on this thread when I meant to make one! And I'm supposed to be a veteran on this site???? icon_confused.gif

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Sorry, messed around with this thread so much editing my posts my original reply is gone...............suffice to say that I think you're fine, don't worry! icon_biggrin.gif

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

It is pretty much par for the course for ht'ers to think they screwed up their new grafts. Relax, you didn't.

I fell for the paranoia too and was sure that I had lost most of my grafts after getting out of my car on the interstate to retrieve some luggage from the bed of the truck because it started raining. This was the day after the surgery and I was not wearing a hat. Well, this giant semi blows by me and hits me with a 70 mph wind. I was sick for weeks thinking that the event probably blew a bunch of my grafts out. It didn't.

Holy crap, Hairbank. What the? LOL.

jsmith, it doesn't sound like you need to worry about your grafts. Relax and enjoy your hairs as them come in.

ditto

I hit my head pretty hard at 1 month and nooo problem

U are fine

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!