Decent surgeons beyond the 'recommended list' (for UK users)

Albion71

Hi, recently joined the forum as I'm going through the lengthy research process that will hopefully end in a successful HT.

Anyway, I found your recommended surgeon list very useful, but there aren't many options if you live in the UK.

I appreciated the amount of work and research that has gone into the list, but are there really no other surgeons out there worth looking at?

I've had a couple of consultations - with HDC of Cyprus and BHR of Belgium - and both seem to be fairly well regarded from reviews on this forum and elsewhere.

Having had consultations with a couple of clinics in the UK, I wouldn't go anywhere near a clinic in the UK (except Farjo).

No, not every clinic has been evaluated by this network, but a hair transplant is a big investment and the results are for life - if you want to stand the best chance of getting the WOW result that you're after, I strongly urge you to choose an evaluated and recommended surgeon.

Going to a cheap doc or one thats close to you that hasn't been evaluated could result in you being scarred and butchered, with mediocre results. It can and does happen, even today, and will continue to happen as long as there are bald men.

Good luck.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

I'm with BHR for my repair, had fue put into my scar and I'm at 4 months post op and things are looking good. I go back in early April to get my hairline re-done then I'm finished with HT's. I highly recommened them for UK patients, as its only 2 hours on the Eurostar from London St Pancras.

Thanks for that Sparky. I'm leaning towards BHR or one of the other Belgian clinics - they do seem to have a high concentration of great surgeons over there, and as you say, it's very close to London.

I'm reckoning on doing a round-trip in a day to see Devroye for a consultation as that's free too (train fare will be 70 quid).

Being that much closer, Belgium seems a more sensible option than Turkey or Cyprus or the States.