New member.. Need help/info after hair Transplantation

I had a Mega Session of first Hair Transplantation Surgery on January 13, 2006. Stitches have been removed. But I have some 2/3 black spots on my forehead due to this transplanation. What are these? Is it frozen blood or dead skin? Will hairs grow from it?Should I touch transplanted hairs/grafts? Can I rub them or clean them with shampoo daily? I have been told to daily apply normal olive oil into it and in the morning shampoo it with Baby Johnson shampoo. Since how long should I do this excercie?

Should I start now Propecia once daily and Regain/Minoxidil 5% twice daily?

Can I start normal life or excercie now?

Dut to 300 KB space limitation, I am unable to post my picture...

Thanks

Malik

I had a Mega Session of first Hair Transplantation Surgery on January 13, 2006. Stitches have been removed. But I have some 2/3 black spots on my forehead due to this transplanation. What are these? Is it frozen blood or dead skin? Will hairs grow from it?Should I touch transplanted hairs/grafts? Can I rub them or clean them with shampoo daily? I have been told to daily apply normal olive oil into it and in the morning shampoo it with Baby Johnson shampoo. Since how long should I do this excercie?

Should I start now Propecia once daily and Regain/Minoxidil 5% twice daily?

Can I start normal life or excercie now?

Dut to 300 KB space limitation, I am unable to post my picture...

Thanks

Malik

• Administrators

Malik,

What you describe sounds like a big scab - probally formed from some blood ozzing. I suggest being very gentle and not giving into the temptation to peel it all off at once as that could possibly pull up the newly transplanted follicles beneath it. Let the moisture and gentle washing break up this scab.

And yes, follow your doctor's instructions.

Best wishes,

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by Malik:

I had a Mega Session of first Hair Transplantation Surgery on January 13, 2006. Stitches have been removed.

I think its a bit early to have the stitches removed.

How many grafts did you go for? With whom?

The marks you see are likely to be scabs with clots.

Try using some cotton dipped in warm saline solution to wet it regularly. That way the scab will soften and fall off easily.

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.

Sounds like a little dried blood/scab

I had a couple of small ones in the frontal area. I'm no doc but these will fall of eventually but I wouldn't pick at them. I think soaking in a warm tub will help?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!