Some pics I'm sending to Dr. Cooley, do

Dewayne

you still think 4,000? These are with natural sunlight and I'm sorry I can't post them all in this one post. Brand new haircut today too. New barber = too short.

My_head_001.JPG.71f7b0a96c3a401c0227dc8f40f4b61c.JPG

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

you still think 4,000? These are with natural sunlight and I'm sorry I can't post them all in this one post. Brand new haircut today too. New barber = too short.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

From the side and top.

My_head_007.JPG.d5b120a8a27d89b748603dbb0fd3f1db.JPG

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

side and crown, under my deck hiding icon_razz.gif

My_head_011.JPG.c0262e6292a7dbd15523c08f968b998d.JPG

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Crown. I had 300 'mini's' back in '91 by Latham's Hair Clinic in Huntsville, Alabama. Supposed to have been all 4 hair's, but Dr. Griffin said there are some 8 hair plugs in the crown.

My_head_003.JPG.a6a427f17f833a8f78c8d46587dcca63.JPG

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Based off all the pics you've posted (in this thread and the other), I think ~3k+ is appropriate and will make you very happy. Your crown needs a lot of work, and it looks like you have "diffuse thinning" elsewhere. Wong's 4k estimate seems fairly in line, IMO, as it could go ~2500+ for your crown, the rest to thicken up existing areas below.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Dewayne,

This is a perfect example of how lighting and angles significantly impacts the appearance of hair loss and overall hair density.

Clearly your hair looks better in these pictures.

Remember that the number of grafts needed is also directly tied to your hair restoration goals.

The more hair coverage and density you want, the greater the number of grafts you will need. Given the appearance of your hair characteristics, I'd suspect you might need more grafts to achieve the same level of density as someone who had a smaller surgery with thicker, courser hair.

What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want to target the frontal area only? What about the crown?

Also, are you on hair loss medication? In order to combat against future hair loss and possibly regrow hair, I recommend considering Propecia and Rogaine 6 months to 1 year prior to surgery to see if they work for you.

Just some food for thought.

Bill

As far as goals, I'm a month away from 42 so I'm ok with thinning somewhat. My hair can look pretty good in some professional pictures (family portraits, etc) but when the wind is blowing, etc. it looks incredibly thin. I'd like to get the front and side part looking good and then fill in the crown as much as possible. I wouldn't mind being a little thin on the crown if I can get front and top looking good.

I've been taking finasteride / minoxidil prescription for 2 years. It's made my hair look better, but I'm not sure about much regrowth.

My hair started thinning at 20. My dad is completely bald and has been since he was in his late 20's. My goal is to get as full coverage as possible. I started off thinking three or four sessions over the next 10 years, but now I'm thinking of trying to do a big one in the next month or so.

I'm coming to grips somewhat with the cost. Shoot, last year we spent $6,000 in St. Thomas, USVI for a week's vacation; so I am definitely thinking this will be a good investment for me.

I've got a wonderful wife who doesn't care if I have any hair, but still I would like to know the feeling that people aren't looking up at my thinning head. I'd like to turn it back about 15 years, which would still be a 'thinning' look, but just the early stages they speak of.

Thanks for this site. Is there somewhere I can donate? This has been worth more than "free" for sure.....

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week