confused about propecia working on hairline.

frak82

Hi.

I have just started taking Propecia.

I've read a lot of stories and forums about Propecia's effectiveness on the hairline and I want to know what will happen.

At first, the majority of posts I read stated that Propecia will slow or halt ALL hair loss, all over the head (this includes the temple region), but it will not REGROW hair at the temple hairline region.

Now, I have been scanning through past posts on this board, and a few people say that it will NOT slow the hair loss at the temple region of the hairline.

Everyone has something different to say about Propecia and I would like definite facts.

We'll you're going to have a hard time getting hard facts about propecia results because it has different results for different people.

The truth is that it should slow down your hairloss. In some cases it will halt your hair loss and in some rare cases it will regrow some of your hair.

It is generally thought though that if there is any regrowth it will not occur in the hairline - the same is thought with Minoxidil/Rogaine. For now hair transplants seems to be the only way to restore hair in the hairline.

Here is an article from the www.propecia.com website that contain the results of one of the clinical studies on propecia:

http://www.propecia.com/finasteride/propecia/consumer/facts/clinical_study.jsp

Hope this helps.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006