current hair pics

I'm 42 years old. If you look at my other post you can see what I'm contemplating. The doctor I've seen has suggested 2500 grafts. The main area I'm actually concerned about is the hairline and temples. It's hard to see from the pix but my hair has thinned out substantially in the temples leaving kind of an island of hair in the front. I really just want those area's filled out but the doctor suggested dense packing the entire top of my head to give a natural consistent look as my hair continues to thin on the top. I'm really concerned about losing a lot of my hair on top from shock loss with that many grafts in between my existing hair. I thought maybe a better plan would be just to do the temples and crown but I guess the doc thinks that could leave me looking strange down the line.

In the right hands your fear of shockloss should basically be that of *temporary* shockloss, which is unpredictable.

If you wanna tackle all those areas listed (temples, crown, top, even hairline refinement) in one go, 2500 should be a nice start. I know SMG posted a crown case not too long ago, extremely similiar to your situation, and 1500 grafts did a bangup job and looked killer.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

i can see the need for some hair improvement on his end, though not necessary considering his appropriate age imo.

and i would also happen to agree with Rabel and say that in the range of 2K-2.5K grafts with a top doc would make things nice for him and relieve him of his current psychological burden.

BTW Rebel, i think that you and mmhce will get along just fine and perhaps become a life-long friends icon_smile.gif