Just read this again on one of Spex's posts,

"Scabbing and Shedding Grafts

Once the grafts are placed into the recipient area, the grafts are held in by fibrin, produced by a chemical reaction in serum when the graft sites are made. Typically, the grafts will become fully secure by the eighth day. Scabs will begin to form the day after surgery. On average, scabs will remain present for up to 10 days.

If a scab falls out and there is a hair present in the scab, this is completely normal. As long as blood is not present and tissue does not appear around the hair, assume the graft is fine. Once the scabs have completely disappeared, you will have the appearance of a buzz cut. Within the next 2-6 weeks, these hairs will begin to shed and the recipient area will appear as it was prior to surgery. The grafts are merely in a resting phase and will begin its growth cycle in approximately 3 months."

I'm 11 days post op now and still have some scabs on my head, more like dry skin with a thin layer of scab material.

It's all quite loose, and definitely ready to come off, but when I use my nail to pick it off there are sometimes hair grafts in the scab.I know they are probably fine, but I feel I don't want to risk it just in case... I do clean the recipient area well, but some still stay on...

How did you get rid of the scabs? did they just fall off on their own account? or did you use some method to help ease them off...the skin below the healed but slightly red, there has been no blood.

Guess i'm just looking for some reassurance icon_confused.gif

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Just read this again on one of Spex's posts,

"Scabbing and Shedding Grafts

Once the grafts are placed into the recipient area, the grafts are held in by fibrin, produced by a chemical reaction in serum when the graft sites are made. Typically, the grafts will become fully secure by the eighth day. Scabs will begin to form the day after surgery. On average, scabs will remain present for up to 10 days.

If a scab falls out and there is a hair present in the scab, this is completely normal. As long as blood is not present and tissue does not appear around the hair, assume the graft is fine. Once the scabs have completely disappeared, you will have the appearance of a buzz cut. Within the next 2-6 weeks, these hairs will begin to shed and the recipient area will appear as it was prior to surgery. The grafts are merely in a resting phase and will begin its growth cycle in approximately 3 months."

I'm 11 days post op now and still have some scabs on my head, more like dry skin with a thin layer of scab material.

It's all quite loose, and definitely ready to come off, but when I use my nail to pick it off there are sometimes hair grafts in the scab.I know they are probably fine, but I feel I don't want to risk it just in case... I do clean the recipient area well, but some still stay on...

How did you get rid of the scabs? did they just fall off on their own account? or did you use some method to help ease them off...the skin below the healed but slightly red, there has been no blood.

Guess i'm just looking for some reassurance icon_confused.gif

but when I use my nail to pick it off there are sometimes hair grafts in the scab

Dude follow the post-op instructions to the letter and even then, BE EXTRA CAREFUL!

Gently massage slightly away from under a light shower with baby shampoo, nothing more.

A lot of people are always EXTRA careful.

take care...

mmhce - I have been very careful, even been ducking really low and sliding out of the car, probably look slightly crazy doing it, but if you do bang your head it's more than likely going to be getting out of the car.

Spex, that's good news, I thought as much, but you can't beat the calming words of a h/t vet