Considering An HT -- but in need of good advice

Is there anyone here I could send some pics of my follically challenged head too? I have been taking Fin 1/4 for almost 5 months with ZERO results, and I really have been struggling with making a decision on if I should get an HT or not.

My biggest concern is will I come out looking good with my hair type and hairloss pattern, or will I just muck things up even worse! My second biggest concern is how many HT's will I need if I am even a good candidate. I already sent pics to H&W and they suggested 3500-4000 for my current situation. Can they really make a good judgment just by looking at some pics? I would love to hear what some very seasoned people have to say say about my big bald head!

The one great part about my situation is I work from home, so I wouldn't have that issue of trying to hide it from co-workers etc! That really is the least of my concern though..

ANYONE ANYONE!! HELP!

Is there anyone here I could send some pics of my follically challenged head too? I have been taking Fin 1/4 for almost 5 months with ZERO results, and I really have been struggling with making a decision on if I should get an HT or not.

My biggest concern is will I come out looking good with my hair type and hairloss pattern, or will I just muck things up even worse! My second biggest concern is how many HT's will I need if I am even a good candidate. I already sent pics to H&W and they suggested 3500-4000 for my current situation. Can they really make a good judgment just by looking at some pics? I would love to hear what some very seasoned people have to say say about my big bald head!

The one great part about my situation is I work from home, so I wouldn't have that issue of trying to hide it from co-workers etc! That really is the least of my concern though..

ANYONE ANYONE!! HELP!

Well since you have chosen H&W for an online consultation w/ I would say your off to a fantastic start!

I haven't had a ht yet, but I have been researching it to death for quite some time. Your welcome to PM me if you'd like to send pics. What is your current age and loss situation?

I wouldn't be too disheartened that you have not seen any results from propecia after five months. Wait a year and then evaluate. Are you using rogaine as well? Personally, I think it is a pain in the ass but when used w/propecia they can have a synergistic effect.

Re Online Consultations:

from my understanding, over 75% of the patients H&W see have their consultations online. They seem to be very well seasoned and accurate at this to say the least. But, your concerns completely resinate w/me as it would be much more ideal to go in person and have the doctor examine the caliber of your donor hair in PERSON.

zerosum,

Remember that finasteride must be used for at least a year before determining if it is working. Remember also that it is more common that finasteride will help slow down or stop hair loss and more rare that it will regrow any hair. But if it has at least stopped your hair loss, it's working. Stopping finasteride will result in a loss of benefits and hair loss will continue.

Feel free to post your pictures if you want public help or you can send me or any member a private message for help.

Best wishes,

Bill