doctors in Michigan

Dr. Aronovitz from the Coalition Surgeons listing is in Michigan. I personally have no experience with him, but if he's recommended on this list he is among the best of the best and has been reviewed thoroughly by this site's owner, Pat Hennessey.

Care to share your particulars (Age, Norwood rating, current regimen..etc.)? Though you've got a qualified surgeon in Michigan, don't let location determine your HT. I flew to Vancouver, BC for my last one and would do it again in a second.

As for cost.........it highly varies. Usually, if you get more than 2000 grafts or so the price per graft is discounted. The average cost total is probably around $4-$4.50 per graft, maybe less overall if you get more than 3500 grafts or so.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

thanks all..

seems like apart from Dr Aronovitz, no other recommendations? how abt Medical Hair Restoration- Dr. James Holt?

when i got my first HT, it was used to cover the forehead area.have lush growth at the back and the sides,but doctor advised me i wud evolve to class 5 with a bald area on the top of my head within 7-8 yrs. it is now 5 yrs and i want to preempt that with 2000+ grafts

has anyone heard of Dr. Roy Smith of NHI???

Originally posted by sunjsun:

i already had a transplant in California - 800 grafts and am planning one more in Michigan 2200 grafts.

sunjsun,

have any b4/after pics of ur first HT? I had gotten my first one of 870 grafts about 7 weeks ago, and would like to see the progress that it may make. If u dont want to post them, u can send a PM.

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

MHR has a bad rep. for trying to get people in the HT chair ASAP and producing inconsistent results at best.............I'd stay away from them if I were you. Don't let location determine who does your HT, it's far too important. Look around and do some consulting. It's free, can be done via pics over the internet and just takes a little time.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.