I admit, the MHR clinic is close to my place and have been thinking of using them for my transplant.

However, a quick search of this site gave me second thoughts.

At least, the first notes that I read are from 2002, 2004 and 2006. Are they still that bad? In all location?

I will seek also the Shapiro Group after reading the posts here. Longer drive but this is a decision that can not be taken lightly.

I admit, the MHR clinic is close to my place and have been thinking of using them for my transplant.

However, a quick search of this site gave me second thoughts.

At least, the first notes that I read are from 2002, 2004 and 2006. Are they still that bad? In all location?

I will seek also the Shapiro Group after reading the posts here. Longer drive but this is a decision that can not be taken lightly.

Guest wanthairs

forget MHR...

I knew a dermatologist who had training there and even he told me to stay the hell away. This was last april.....

Just goto Shapiro medical group. if they were good enough for the founder of this site to goto, then theyre good enough for anyone.

Be prepared to drive 7 days...Your going to be seen in public for the rest of your life. You cannot afford this transplant to look like shit...

Do not let location decide where you are going to have your HT. a lot of people fly to where they are going to get their HT and stay in a hotel etc...some of the coalition docs are in another country--Canada; What MHR office are you considering and what doc? You may get a good result with MHR but why risk it when a coalition docs give consistant results that are superb; some people that have been buthchered would travel to the other side of the earth for repair so don't let location be a factor. also MHR as a rule does smaller sessions under 2000 grafts; they will low ball you so you will come back a year later for another surgery.

Hi New Visitor--- welcome--- you will get very solid advice here, so I am glad you found us.

It is a good idea to place travel lower down the list when researching a HT--- I drove the 7+ hour to Minneapolis and I was willing to fly elsewhere based on my 2 final doctors of choice.

Anyway, you mentioned Dr. Shapiro... please feel free to ask any questions you need to or PM me if you like.

Take Care, and good luck on your search.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Guest wanthairs

new visitor...

I may add, the doc who did my hair transplant, told me he had a procedure done on himself by shapiro...

I think that (amongst many other things)SAYS ENOUGH...YOU probably dont need to look anywhere else...

Agreed, take it from someone who went through one of the "hair mills" many years ago. They can sell you a bill of goods that you are stuck with trying to fix the rest of your life. The thing with a place like MHR is that their work may look good until you have done enough research to see what type of quality work is really available by the top docs listed on this site. Take your time with this decision.