My hair

Mahair

Hello ,I recently found this forum and I am now more concerned about the hair transplant I just got.I wonder if it was the thing to do I had lost about 50% of my hair on top and it was taking me more time to comb it to look presentable in the morning for work and I had been thinking that the advantage of having hair outweighed the risk of having it done as I was told by a freind it was getting thin and I was having bad hair days. I had gone to Bosley a few months ago and was never seen due to a scheduling problem but on the way down the elevator a women said "they do wonderful things up there" so I guess I felt it was standard procedure for people to go to a clinic and come out whole again. So the week before last I took another day off to get a consult and low and behold there was an opening and the Doctor was in besides so I felt like it was my good fortune to have the opertunity to have this done within a week so I went forward at the nearest oppertunity. I was very exited to do this for myself and was hoping noone would know just think something was different .Well the operation went well I suppose and I felt good about it and the next day i felt great I ate like a horse layed in bed and was waiting to get back to business . When I woke up the next day my head was like a balloon and my eyes were dark red I called in to see whats up and was told that it was the anesthetic and this rarely happens well my luck. I was still glad I did it and things should get better . well they did'nt I was icing sitting up try to sleep elevated and getting distressed so I started

getting familiar with the computer to find out just what went wrong now I think I have messed myself up and wish I never had such low esteem as to not like the way I was looking with less hair. My head is red my eyes are black and my temples are all bumpy and I feel worse than ever especially after reading some of the things posted here will things normalize or will I just have to accept that I messed up and deal with this .

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Hello ,I recently found this forum and I am now more concerned about the hair transplant I just got.I wonder if it was the thing to do I had lost about 50% of my hair on top and it was taking me more time to comb it to look presentable in the morning for work and I had been thinking that the advantage of having hair outweighed the risk of having it done as I was told by a freind it was getting thin and I was having bad hair days. I had gone to Bosley a few months ago and was never seen due to a scheduling problem but on the way down the elevator a women said "they do wonderful things up there" so I guess I felt it was standard procedure for people to go to a clinic and come out whole again. So the week before last I took another day off to get a consult and low and behold there was an opening and the Doctor was in besides so I felt like it was my good fortune to have the opertunity to have this done within a week so I went forward at the nearest oppertunity. I was very exited to do this for myself and was hoping noone would know just think something was different .Well the operation went well I suppose and I felt good about it and the next day i felt great I ate like a horse layed in bed and was waiting to get back to business . When I woke up the next day my head was like a balloon and my eyes were dark red I called in to see whats up and was told that it was the anesthetic and this rarely happens well my luck. I was still glad I did it and things should get better . well they did'nt I was icing sitting up try to sleep elevated and getting distressed so I started

getting familiar with the computer to find out just what went wrong now I think I have messed myself up and wish I never had such low esteem as to not like the way I was looking with less hair. My head is red my eyes are black and my temples are all bumpy and I feel worse than ever especially after reading some of the things posted here will things normalize or will I just have to accept that I messed up and deal with this .

What kind of transplant did you have; was it a follicular unit transplantation or was it mini grafting etc? I think it may be too early to tell whether you have indeed messed up as hair may fall out due to shock loss. I am unsure whether you are sufferrring from cobblestoning (excuse the spelling I am a bit drunk) but I am sure the veterens will be able to assess the situation better.

Mahair,

Don't stress too much. Everything you're experiencing now if pretty normal. The first four days I looked like frankensien. My head was swollen and my left eye almosst closed completely. Maybe rocky is a better example. Anyways, the swelling will go away by the fifth day or so. As far as the redness on top, that may take a few months. For some it went away sooner. Hopefully you have enough original hair to cover things up. If not there are always little techniques to blend it in. Your scabs should all be gone by the tenth day. Just follow the instructions of your doc and keep them moist. Expect some shock fall out. Most of us experience it and it is quite normal to think that maybe the decision was a bad one, but PATIENCE is the key here. Allow yourself a few months to really start seeing the benefits.

If you can, share some photos of what you were like before and how things are progressing. You can check out my pics at:

My Photos

These are only at four months, I need to update.

I don't know if you've read a lot of the posts here, but most of us don't like Bosley, but that doesn't mean that you made a mistake. Some people have come out looking great.

Remember it's normal to start regretting the procedure, especially right after, I know I did. But it gets better and as time goes by, you can really assess the situation and take actions from there. I did mine five months ago and I am now happier than ever even though I do want to do it again and correct a few little things.

Keep asking questions!

Thank you all for your repies, I am glad I posted I was feeling very alone in all of this and needed the perspective . Joe , I am greatful for you sharing your experience with me it is much the same with a great outcome and I have some piece of mind from it.Thanks. The type of transplant was an individual follicular unit/graft from a donor strip (2500) The temples do look alittle like mini cobblestones.I am hopeful this wont be a disaster and will try to get some pictures .

Thanks Guys I feel better,

Mahair - Hang in there man. You sound like me at about 4 days post op. I was a little panicked and kept thinking what the hell did I do, and used this forum as a bit of a crutch, otherwise I would have felt all alone. I couldn't tell how far along you are, but if your in the first few weeks everything you've described is normal. The cobblestoning hopefully is the scabs, and possibly the new grafts starting to grow like a recently shaved beard. As the previous posters indicated the scabs will fall off after 10 - 14 days. I had a few for a week or so longer than that. At about 11 days I was visually back to normal, with a little redness. Still have slight redness at 7 weeks, but dramatically has improved the past 2 weeks. So hang in there and everyday you'll see progress in getting back to normal.

I agree with what others are saying here: give it some time.

The fact of the matter is that Bosley CAN do acceptable HTs. I just don't believe that they are the best choice out there for a good HT and their marketing practices are repugnant.

If your result is not satisfactory to you, well, there still are many things that can be done. Hope is not lost in all this. If you have a setback, then the only course to take is to bounce back from that setback.

The forum will be here for your success or your setback. We've all been through it, and we know what it is like. But let's see what comes of this before the next step or action becomes clear.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.