34 NW4 and stuck in New Zealand

Hello all,

Excellent forum, my knowledge on HT has improved vastly over the last few months. I am currently trying to make my mind up on going for HT. Typical MPB starting at 17, had enough of the torture by 26 so decided on the #1 cut. I have not cut my hair for the last month in an attempt to evaluate how much hair I have lost over the last 7 years.

My problem - Been in New Zealand I believe my nearest quality surgeons are over in Australia. I have contacted Dr Barry White via e-mail and received a very generic "over sees" response, also read some bad postings on his work. Not contacted Dr Ray Woods as too expensive although heard good results using FUE. I am still waiting on a reply from Dr. Russell Knudsen.

Dr Jennifer Martinick and her staff have been very helpful and proactive. She has reviewed several of my pictures and she believes I will require 1500 grafts to restore my hair line and 500 grafts to the vertex. She also advised I see my doctor regarding meds.

The next step? - I think it would be wise to actually see an HT patient? Do I look at collation Dr's and the added expense of travelling further?

Any advice would be very welcome

Thanks

ul.JPG.0d229009e7d73b24bd33320481c36716.JPG

Hello all,

Excellent forum, my knowledge on HT has improved vastly over the last few months. I am currently trying to make my mind up on going for HT. Typical MPB starting at 17, had enough of the torture by 26 so decided on the #1 cut. I have not cut my hair for the last month in an attempt to evaluate how much hair I have lost over the last 7 years.

My problem - Been in New Zealand I believe my nearest quality surgeons are over in Australia. I have contacted Dr Barry White via e-mail and received a very generic "over sees" response, also read some bad postings on his work. Not contacted Dr Ray Woods as too expensive although heard good results using FUE. I am still waiting on a reply from Dr. Russell Knudsen.

Dr Jennifer Martinick and her staff have been very helpful and proactive. She has reviewed several of my pictures and she believes I will require 1500 grafts to restore my hair line and 500 grafts to the vertex. She also advised I see my doctor regarding meds.

The next step? - I think it would be wise to actually see an HT patient? Do I look at collation Dr's and the added expense of travelling further?

Any advice would be very welcome

Thanks

Hey mate, there is an Australian surgeon who operates in NZ as well.

I have made an appointment to see him in Sydney in a few weeks time.But i dont know how good he is.

I assume he is as good as Dr Martinick (probably not better) as he has a lot of experience and many qualifications.

Do a google search on him and you will see how much he amazed me with his experience, and qualifcation.

Thanks for that,

The surgeon you mention is Dr. Russell Knudsen, I have only read very good reports on his work and his costs per FU are less than Dr, Jennifer Martinick. Past president of ISHRS - if that is worth anything? Tried ringing all the contact numbers in his website but only got answer machine, sent on line consultation form and still waiting on reply. Let me know how you get on with him

Billony,

Welcome to our community. Love the avatar! Looks like you not only want an HT but TP as well? icon_wink.gif.

Whichever hair transplant physician you select, I encourage you to thoroughly research them first.

Use the find feature of our community as a tool to view patient experiences and photos. Only select a doctor you are impressed with.

Many hair transplant patients travel across the world to receive a world class hair transplant. Though it is convenient to go to a local physician, I encourage you not to let location be your determining factor.

jojojo1,

I apologize...I meant to remove the link to the outside website only but I think I accidentally removed the name of the physician. Feel free to add the name of the physician back in your post.

However, be careful not to make assumptions. Assuming a hair transplant physician is quality based on their "credentials" and "experience" is bad news. Many doctors with a lot of experience are still using minigrafts!

Best wishes,

Bill

P.S. Now what are we going to do? We have a member that's name is similar to mine. Let's just hope he doesn't start abbreviating his name as Bill icon_biggrin.gif

i would not under any circumstances go with Dr Barry White.

He is a very very shady doc and i have only seen sub-par results from him.

Do a search for "parable" and you'll see a patient he totally butchered a few years back.

The other two have good reps though.

Dr Wookds would be the best in Aus I believe but he is expensive.