butchered

john36

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, you are justifiably angry--your results are sub-par and were done using outdated techniques.

I want to give you some good news however---you can be repaired--

You look to have excellent donor and in the hands of a top doctor your scar can be revised and the poor work in your hairline should be able to be disguised.

If your doctor made express warranties to you as to how your results would turn out, then you should contact an attorney and seek damages.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hi John

Everybody here will understand the suffering you are going through. These results are bad. But worse cases have been repaired with great success. I understand your rage against the industry and you are at the right place to express yourself.

I strongly suggess you put all your efforts in searching for a solution to your problem and spend less energy in bashing the industry with the legal soup, otherwise you will loose most of us.

You are not beyond hope. You have a good donor hair, camouflage of your bad frontal work seems feasible by any one the top docs, they see guys like you all the time and even though they can't promess anything, they will try.

Your scar is low (I would say too low) and it tends to stretch for that reason but if done properly, with a lot of scalp exercices and a double layer closure and staples until the primary healing is done, there is a good chance a scar revision will make it better. Perfect? No. Better? I think so.

I wish you all the best.

There is a whole team behind you. Great doctors are regular posters to these forums and they will chime in if they have time. They are here to help.

Bullshit days are gone.

You came to the right place.

Keep the faith. Do not put too much destructive energy on this legal thing, and stay away from this doctor who did this. Look at Jotronic website for a good example of how bad can become good. Very important: notice his attitude. That was part of his success. Plenty of other repair cases are there. Ask them. Read. Read. Ask your questions. Everybody here is a hairloss sufferer. Some are pretty "rude" in their comments but most will offer help for nothing in exchange.

ITH

John36 - thanks for sharing your story. Sorry to hear about your experience w/ this doctor. On a positive note, you have some good things going for you. At 35, it looks as though you have a decent amount of native hair and your donor looks to be ample, having only used 1800+ grafts. I imagine getting into the chair again may be difficult due to lack of trust, but there are some amazing documented repair cases on this site, with the right doctor.

Are you on propecia/proscar yet? IMHO, the best, long-term results are those that are on the meds.

The mind is soo powerful, and as you're rightfully upset, there is definitely hope.

This case is EXACTLY why access to the US legal system is an overrated "benefit" of having surgery in the USA.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Jason,Balody,intothinhair,ja-man

Thank you.Excuse my spelling mistakes.I am European and English is not my first language.

Jason

I filed a law suit against him.

intothinhair

you wrote:

"I strongly suggess you put all your efforts in searching for a solution to your problem and spend less energy in bashing the industry with the legal soup, otherwise you will loose most of us."

1.on the scale how strong do you suggess?

2.I eat "legal soup" for lunch and dinner (skip for breakfast)

3.don't patronize me,I am not a kid,so don't tell me what I should write and what not.Bullshit days are not over as long as they are not over.

Originally posted by IntoThinHair:

I strongly suggess you put all your efforts in searching for a solution to your problem and spend less energy in bashing the industry with the legal soup, otherwise you will loose most of us.

ITH

I disagree.If it weren't for people like this poster posting his story many would be absorbed into the reality distortion field that is this industry. Whilst he may loose "most of us" as you stated he know doubt would gain many who want to read about his legal journey.

Originally posted by john36:

optimus I meant if my new found friend is to desert me,qualifying that as my loss,because I dare to "bash the industry",so be it.

By hang on Optimus I meant stick arround I like you.

Ohh right thanks for clarifying.

john... this was not even 'sub par' work done to you.. this was much worse... that is a wide scar and the pitting and cobbelstoning in the recipient area is WAY to noticable... im sorry john....... listen. im thankful for you telling your story.. these things happen to guys every day and we only hear about it once in a while... i believe it would be a good thing if you posted your story on OTHER popular forums as well... people are being LIED TO JOHN. what happend to you is a VERY real possibility. not to mention the MANY other negative factors that can arise even in a more successful HT than yours.... transplants are SERIOUS S*** and the industry goes OUT OF THEIR WAY to keep truths from prospective patients... for money... forget the poster who said stop bashing the industry or youll loose "us".... no way john... people need to know this can happen just like they need to know ALL the realities of HTs... F**k this industry. however i do believe things can be done for you than will improve your appearance and i wish you the best in finding it.. thanks again.

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Hi John

English is also not my native langage so sorry if it felt like I was patronizing. Some good intentions get lost in translation.

When I said "you will loose most of us", I meant that most of us are no experts and can only sit and watch. The legal game is above us. It doesn't mean we do not agree nor we are not behind you.

Wish you good luck.

Hope you find what you are looking for and win the fight.

There is a couple of guys here that are lawyers, hope they chime in.

Take care

ITH

John

I really feel sorry for you,,

Keep hope and there is something stored for you

I had a question for you and the rest of the group.. Are you linking your bad job to smoking?

I just had an HT done a month back and was wondering as to how smoking affects Hair transplant

Can someone shed more light on this topic

RR

Just read your story. Sorry to hear this happened to you. I also had a consultatnt 9 years ago do all the graft estimates and did not meet the doc to the first day of surgery. Overall this surgery was crap until I found a great doc through research. You say you are in Ohio. You might want Dr. Brad Wolff to look at that scar and advise on repair. He is in Cinn. And I have seen his work on scars in person . Good luck with everything.