SHOCK LOSS QUESTION

I had a HT about 1 month ago and even thought the hairline wasn't involved in the HT , the Dr. did the anterior and we were about 4 inches away from hair line, I see I lost some hair as well in the hairline!

Is this possible?

I had a HT about 1 month ago and even thought the hairline wasn't involved in the HT , the Dr. did the anterior and we were about 4 inches away from hair line, I see I lost some hair as well in the hairline!

Is this possible?

this is a very real question in my opinion. I really don't think doctors know much about this phenomena or how to predict it. Is it related to the trauma of the strip in the back? The anesthetic? Or is it just related to local trauma in the planting area? I think there are differing opinions on this and the debate and discussion will continue. I'd like to hear a dialogue on this site between doctors about it. hope you heal up real well, all the best, WWH

Hairseeker,

Yes, shock can happen in areas not planted, WWH is correct in saying they cant predict exactly where or how much may occur.

I had HT in the front 1/3 on my 1st procedure, however my vertex thinned out, and I did not get any vertex grafts in my 1st procedure??, the hair grew back and everything was fine later, but I did freak !

My 2nd HT no shock loss at all, no wearing baseball caps etc..this last time around.

Happy growin'

NW

The hair that fell out was transplanted hair from another surgery 3 years before!

Does this hair grow back as well?

I hope my hard earned $ weren't lost!