2nd surgery

Hello,

I'm new to the site but have been reading the replies. I was a NW 5A and had about 3500 grafts several months ago, and got great results. I am planning to go back for a second mega session, with as many grafts as possible. My density was average and I have good scalp laxity.

I haven't seen much information on second sessions. Can you give me some information in general and assuming the same length and similar width of donor strip, how many grafts do you think I can get?

Thanks

Hello,

I'm new to the site but have been reading the replies. I was a NW 5A and had about 3500 grafts several months ago, and got great results. I am planning to go back for a second mega session, with as many grafts as possible. My density was average and I have good scalp laxity.

I haven't seen much information on second sessions. Can you give me some information in general and assuming the same length and similar width of donor strip, how many grafts do you think I can get?

Thanks

First, you should wait a min. of a year before another mega session... after 3500, it might be 12-18 months for 100% regrowth, plus you want time for your donor scar/scalp to heal.

As far as number of grafts 2nd procedure, it varies depending on your donor and laxity. The average scalp has 5,000-8,000 donor fu. So looking at the low end-- if everything is equal, you would have approx 1500 left (5,000-3500). That could give you the extra density you want-- just focus those grafts on the hairline and midscalp/frontal core-- I would put anything in the crown unless you have enough coverage in the other areas.

Best of luck.