Secret Weapon?

Making people think is good...I also enjoy doing that...hence many of my posts including on this thread. I think if anything, presenting both sides of the argument, so to speak, as we did in this thread will really give people something to think about.

I'm in agreement with Mrjb. Certainly, increased circulation can be a good thing, it's just that in all my research, I have found no actual evidence by any means that any other products other than Finasteride and Minoxodil actually work, including laser therapy. However, I admit, I cannot debate with certainty what I don't fully know. Maybe if I have time I'll do more research on the subject...but in the meantime, I'll stick to Finasteride. Besides...when I'm working out at the gym, once a week I'll do lower back exercises and I'll be upside down for awhile...maybe that will help....but I won't count on it icon_wink.gif

Well if drinking is the cure to hairloss, then I guess I'm in trouble since I don't drink. Maybe I'd make an exception if I found out it cured baldness =P

Bill

Cousin_it

I should probably just let this thread die as it is not feasable to "prove" efficacy of many possible treatments because they don't have the financing of the large pharmaceutical companies to create the studies.

I just wanted to correct you when you stated that in your opinion treatments that increase circulation are your #3 choice behind fin and minoxidil. Remember that minoxidil IS a circulatory enhancing product. icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Guest Cousin_It

NN...

You got that right. Unless there is big profit potential in a drug the companies will not spend the money to run trials. That was one of the issues concerning Avodart for hair loss. The big wigs decided to shelf it since it would not produce 500 million profit for their companies. Perhaps some smaller companies will come out with something in the future just to make a name for themselves.

Concerning Minoxidil, initially it was believed that its actions as a vasodilator was responsible for its hair growing effect, but when they tested other drugs with similar vasodilatation properties they did not find similar results. Through all the testing done up to date, they have concluded its actions are possibly due to it being a potassium channel opener.

Cousin,

Yes you are correct I have also seen the studies. To date the primary hypothesis by many is it works due to potassium channel effects and effect on nitrous oxide, but nonetheless it is a circulatory drug. Some think that even though studies with similiar compounds have proven unsuccessful, it might be the combination of ingredients and their effects. It still baffles them.

I truly appreciate your vast knowledge on such topics and others. Sometimes my posts are generalized from the numerous literatures I've read, but your info packs more punch when followed by links to scientific backing.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Guest Cousin_It

NN...

I can see you have done your research too. I think we are basically on our own, if we wait for the pharmaceutical companies to hand a cure to us, we will end up old and bald. Keep up the excellent research and post anything interesting you find. I will do the same.