Isn't any of this normal ?

I read alot here about "still seeing hair in the tub or sink" Isn't a certain amount of hair loss normal ? should'nt we see some hair in the tub after shampooing or towel drying our hair. I see every morning about 15 hairs in the tub, some thicker, some thinner. I have no idea how many went down the drain, if any. I heard once somewhere that we all lose hair daily and its natural. Any thoughts out there.

I read alot here about "still seeing hair in the tub or sink" Isn't a certain amount of hair loss normal ? should'nt we see some hair in the tub after shampooing or towel drying our hair. I see every morning about 15 hairs in the tub, some thicker, some thinner. I have no idea how many went down the drain, if any. I heard once somewhere that we all lose hair daily and its natural. Any thoughts out there.

All normal, healthy hair has three life stages of growth, rest and fall-out (someone else will need to post the medical terms...I always forget them!). That means approx. 1/3 of hair is either nearing or in the fallout stage at any given time. But every hair his actually on its own schedule so (obviously) there's not a sudden loss of 1/3 all at once and only a relatively small number is normally seen at one time if you're looking (most go unnoticed). I would think the the numbers of hairs you mention is nothing to worry about, but let's see what other posters (and maybe MD's) say.

trying2moveahead

I think I've heard 100 hairs per day is still normal (?) even in guys who don't have Male Pattern Baldness.

I don't recommend you start counting hairs. It's very obsessive, and it doesn't really give you all that accurate of a picture of where you are at, unless you are lossing hair by the bushel full. It's like being on a diet and weighing yourself every hour. It's too much of a roller coaster ride, when you should be looking for the long-term trend.

Try taking photos once a month (or better yet, every 6 months) in the same light, same angle etc.

Or go see a dermatologist and ask them to inspect your hair for miniaturization.

It doesn't help to obsess about this, if you can avoid it, that would be a plus for you.