looking for options

I'm concidering hair replacement , but I live about 2 1/2 hours away from Minneapolis/ St. paul area. THere are no Dr.'s closer than that, but I was wondering if any one had any advice of reputable Dr.'s in the metro area. I know there is a Bosley, a Hair club for men and a few others. Just wondering if anyone feels that one is better than the other and/or specific Dr.'s that would be recommended. Thanks for any help.

Hello,

I do not have specific Minneapolis info...but I do suggest checking out the "visits to hair transplant clinics" topic; I am fairly sure that Pat (the guy who diligently runs this website) has more information.

Regarding Bosley, you can do a search on his name to see topics related to that particular clinic.

Regarding Hair Club for Men -- they make hair systems; they do not do hair transplant surgery.

Benjamin

Many people travel across -- or out -- of the country to get to a bonefied HT expert. This isn't to say you have to, or even if you should, but just to exhibit how vital many people have found it to travel to find the right doc. **Many of these people, from my experience, are often "repair" patients, as well; that is, they got hosed by a poor doc the first go around.

You will be hard pressed to find anyone on any open forum that will advise you to go with Bosley, or Hair Club. The standards at both places are horribly erratic, and pretty horrible on average. They are referred to as "hair mills" for good reason -- they operate primarily to make money. Most good clinics are run by doctors and staff truly passionate about performing state of the art hair restoration -- that they profit from it is their secondary concern, imo.

I would not let distance play any significent factor in your decision; something as ultimately inconsequential as a few hour drive I would really caution to not even consider a factor.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!