Female 7 mos. post

Carol

Here are my photos 7 mos. after my first transplant. I had 1560 grafts with Dr. Charles mainly in the frontal area, behind my hairline. I had my second transplant done a few days ago (1600 grafts) along my part, crown and some more towards the front left side where I always see scalp. I have very thin hair as well as it thinning on top.

8861020013_F369568D4F1EB3B8EA1470C629FACE3C.jpg.thumb 7861020013_BE23D30A32A06C2D105FD4BC3498A816.jpg.thumb

Here are my photos 7 mos. after my first transplant. I had 1560 grafts with Dr. Charles mainly in the frontal area, behind my hairline. I had my second transplant done a few days ago (1600 grafts) along my part, crown and some more towards the front left side where I always see scalp. I have very thin hair as well as it thinning on top.

8861020013_F369568D4F1EB3B8EA1470C629FACE3C.jpg.thumb 7861020013_BE23D30A32A06C2D105FD4BC3498A816.jpg.thumb

Glad to hear about your next step Carol! Do you have any before and after pics from the first procedure so we can see how things have developed? Are these from after your second procedure? If so, you can't tell a thing so that is good. Congrats on your procedure and good growing!

Hi Carol,

Just for comparision, we did a transplant on one of our female hair techs 7 months ago. She just started noticing some growth about a month ago. She receive 1500 grafts just behind her hairline. Her hair loss was not drastically noticable, so her results will be more subtle. We're noticing as we do more and more female patients that their growth starts later than the typical male patients.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks for posting the pics, Carol. It's a little difficult to see the progress with no comparison pics but it the end result looks good. So, you had a 2nd procedure just recently, correct? If you have the time to post updates, we'd love to see the progress. Best of luck.

Jana- Thanks for the note about growth. Interesting that female growth is a little slower than male. Valuable information for any famales frequenting the site wanting to know where the new hair is by month 4 or 5! Great info!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.